Balance 35s

JoseRubicon

I have Goodyear MTRs 35x12.5x17 and I'm having trouble balancing the rear ones. Front ones seem to be fine. I've gone to Firestone and they said the they did the best they good. Stopped at a Goodyear shop and he said MTRs are hard to balance he didn't have a road force balancer but if I came back with a report he could try to call Goodyear.

Any of you have issues balancing 35s?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK2DR

I have Goodyear MTRs 35x12.5x17 and I'm having trouble balancing the rear ones. Front ones seem to be fine. I've gone to Firestone and they said the they did the best they good. Stopped at a Goodyear shop and he said MTRs are hard to balance he didn't have a road force balancer but if I came back with a report he could try to call Goodyear.

Had 35x12.5x15 MTR on my last jeep and could never get them balanced. Last time I tired I had over 140 weights stuck on between my 4 wheels and it still wasnt balanced. Local discount tires said they are notorious for balance issues

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You're having problems balancing them because they're MT/R's. By far the worst tire I have ever purposefully run and wanted to love. I could NEVER get mine to balance, they tracked funny on the highway, were unpredictable on the rocks and had weak sidewalls too. I literally couldn't get rid of them fast enough.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Screw trying to balance those in 35's! I had a hell of a time just balancing 32's.

Never had issues balancing any of my other 35's tho after that or even my 37's

Wethy

They are without question, a great "looking" tire. I should note that I really loved the old MTR and love Duratracs. Unfortunately, Goodyear totally blew it with these.
I wish they would bring back the old style MTR i wanted that tire for so ling and then they stopped making them! Truely a sad day

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom