Anti Skid engagement on semi-sharp right turns

LarryG

I started having the anti skid engage on right hand tight turns recently. Not a big problem at this point as it is only at low speed when making a tight sweeping right turn. I have the PR60 axles, PSC steering assist. Not sure where to start on this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

By the way EJS was a hoot!

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Might be tone rings, steering angle sensor, one tire is for some reason a different OD, the g sensor or..... slow down.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm on stock axles running 35's. If I take a freeway on ramp too fast mine does the same. I think in my case its because the inside rear wheel un-weights and starts to slightly spin causing my problem. If I slow down it doesn't happen..:crazyeyes: Maybe you're experiencing the same thing if your steering wheel is centered.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I had the same happening to mine. It thinks you're going into a roll and tries to correct things. I ended having to do the steering wheel dance and turn it off. I no longer have traction control (it sucked for me anyway) but still have abs. The traction light stays on on the dash but it doesn't bother me

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2011jk

Just cut the wire...and if you feel you need the option of the so called safety assist then wire a toggle in it.

AdrockTT

From another thread on the PR60 front axle on wheel speed sensors:
" Basically you put a 0.020" feeler gauge between the wheel speed sensor and you leverage it out against the feeler gauge with a slotted screwdriver while tightening the adjustment socket head screw."

Dynatrac has a PDF on how to adjust them. I have a copy but the file is bigger if you have a source to send it through.

Kilodog

If you lifted your Jeep at all then you need the steering wheel straightened. It's a simple procedure. Even if the wheel is slightly off. 2012's and newer are super sensitive.

Anti-skid is a sensor in the wheels that detect rotation and match it with the speedometer and other factors. If you mash the brakes and one wheel locks up, the computer will release the brake on that wheel and quickly re engage it to stop skid!

Traction control, most likely what your experiencing is similar to anti-skid. It uses a BLD system or brake lock control. They use the same sensors as the the anti skid as well as steering wheel position and a small gyro. When the vehicle detects that it's off camber, orbits moving in a direction not related to the steering wheel, a variety of things happen... one is the anti skid kicks in and the other is motor cut out.

That's the best I have, make sure your steering wheel is straight after a lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom