EVO Rock Sliders not fitting?

JK2DR

Bought some evo rock weld on rock sliders and the driver side doesn't seem to be fitting right. Looks like the post is spaced too far out and is hitting the body mount, tried to attach a picture but it's hard to tell. Anybody else have this or am I doing something wrong? IMG_3565.jpg IMG_3566.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK2DR

Swapped the sliders from side to side and I can force it in for the driver side now, but pretty big gap between the foot of the post and the frame rail IMG_3567.jpg

JK2DR

Just over a quarter inch. I can trim the foot and make it work, just don't want to cut anything then have any issues returning it if it doesn't work

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Have you put them on top of eachother? I believe the posts should be offset from eachother. If they are the same maybe you got two of the same sides?

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Do you have someone helping you?

I had the same issue with my ShrockWorks sliders when I was installing them. Given they are not EVO, but the mounting is nearly the same to the frame with the same interferences.

As sad as it may sound, I asked my wife for a hand and between the two of us we were able to fit the driver's side rail properly without modifying anything.

A helping set of hands was the trick for me.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

zimm

Caught the Bug
Glad it worked out. I had a freak out moment when I finished welding one side on, then realized they were side specific. I had issues fitting the other side at first and thought I had them backwards! Luckily I got them in place and all is good. They should label them left and right.....

Top Bottom