On board air JKU

Evil

You can also go with a Powertank option. Way more money. Kind of a bitch to deal with. If your on top of your trail maintenance you should be ok. Less than a minute to go from 10lbs to 30 in a 37. 15 pound bottle costs me 12.00 to fill up and usually lasts me 5 runs. Do the math and google on. :thumb:

pt15-5360-po-3.jpg

SDG

Caught the Bug
You can also go with a Powertank option. Way more money. Kind of a bitch to deal with. If your on top of your trail maintenance you should be ok. Less than a minute to go from 10lbs to 30 in a 37. 15 pound bottle costs me 12.00 to fill up and usually lasts me 5 runs. Do the math and google on. :thumb:

View attachment 256007
LoL... that's a hell of a sales pitch!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I am a true believer in the ARB system. I have filled tires in about 15 to 20 minutes. I believe the ARB I have has a 30 minute run time. I have the CKMA12 ARB compressor. The compressor is mounted under the hood on a Synergy mount.

Since 15 to 20 minutes is to long for me i added a Viair 2 gallon tank that mounts near the rear end. I have not used it yet, but im sure it will shave a lot of time off the air process. View attachment 255803 I had it plumbed to the rear cargo area. View attachment 255804

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

15 minutes is too long after a day of wheeling? :thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

scrota76

15 minutes is too long after a day of wheeling? :thinking:

IBS is a terrible condition. 10 minutes is a huge difference when ya get bubble gut. LOL! Seriously though, I was thinking in reference to my annual trip for 4 days. After 4 days in the desert I just want to get home. But you are correct that after a full day of wheeling it is nice to have a cold one and relax while the tires are airing up.

bigmikesndtech

I went with an AirWerkz bracket, mounts a tank and two compressors between the drive shaft and muffler on an unlimited. I ended up getting my tank and compressors separately from the bracket because I wanted compressors with 100% duty cycle. I have two ViAir 450C compressors with the inlets remoted up inside the Jeep through the floor, a 2.5 gallon tank and air quick connects at the front and rear bumpers and one inside. Its all pretty tight on the under side but I haven't had any problems with it yet. I also play mostly on sand on not rocks, there isn't much protection for the tank or compressors if you get something up in the middle of the Jeep that doesn't get caught by the sliders.

I guess I never took any pictures of the setup once I finished it but here are a couple of images as I was getting things fit and plumbing figured out.

OBA 2.jpg

OBA 1.jpg

JeepinDingo

I am a true believer in the ARB system. I have filled tires in about 15 to 20 minutes. I believe the ARB I have has a 30 minute run time. I have the CKMA12 ARB compressor. The compressor is mounted under the hood on a Synergy mount.

Since 15 to 20 minutes is to long for me i added a Viair 2 gallon tank that mounts near the rear end. I have not used it yet, but im sure it will shave a lot of time off the air process. View attachment 255803 I had it plumbed to the rear cargo area. View attachment 255804

Did that bracket come with the tank to mount it up under there? I like the location.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

bigmikesndtech

Are you not worried about that water drain on the air tank getting sheared off?

I was, so when building it I installed a solenoid to be able to take the tank out of the loop if that happens while out playing. So far though I haven't had any issues, have sat the Jeep down on top of a sand dune a few times and had to be pulled off and it has all been alright. My sliders do hang down below where the water drain is, and like I said before, mostly play in sand which is much more forgiving than rocks.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I like the Innovative JK mount. You get air chucks on both sides under the front seats and it looks factory. This new kit has a manifold to run solenoids from too.

IMG_2533.JPG

IMG_2534.JPG

IMG_2535.JPG

IMG_2536.JPG

Top Bottom