On board air JKU

WJCO

Meme King
What are your thoughts on these two units? The high output ARB and the basic ARB?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The basic ARB CKSA12 is only for lockers, not for tires. If that's what you're asking. The CKMA12 is for tires and lockers. I just got a free SA model with my locker and will be getting rid of it because I already have the twin in my Jeep. We're going to get the CKMA12 for my wife's.

The basic ARB CKSA12 is only for lockers, not for tires. If that's what you're asking. The CKMA12 is for tires and lockers. I just got a free SA model with my locker and will be getting rid of it because I already have the twin in my Jeep. We're going to get the CKMA12 for my wife's.

Ok great! Thanks for the information. I like how it attaches in the rear cargo space on the inside quarter panel. Any recommendations for places to install it?

WJCO

Meme King
Ok great! Thanks for the information. I like how it attaches in the rear cargo space on the inside quarter panel. Any recommendations for places to install it?

I'm running my twin inside on my WJ in the cargo area. On the wife's JK we're going to put the single under the hood with the Synergy mount.

DSC03694.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
Isnt it a little loud being inside the cab? Or do you not ingage it for lockers while wheeling. Mine is mounted under the hood and can hear it cycling.

Sent from my SM-J320V using

It's not that bad for us. Wife and kids stay inside Jeep when I air up, and she says it's not that bad. As far as locker engagement, it only lasts a couple of seconds. Here's a video:

Frydaddy

The CKSA12 is under 1 CFM and 35% duty cycle,
The CKMA12 is about 3 CFM at 50% duty cycle.

but $300 for an air compressor?! I know youre paying for quality, but damn, thats a bit much. I know one shouldn't skimp on quality, but I gotta pick my battles. Ill save "quality" for safety items, this is more convenience.

The York is an amazing unit! I wish there was room in the late model JKs for something like that!

ARB Specs.jpg

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
I talked to the ARB rep and the single runs about 15-20 minutes continuous the dual is made for continuous duty hence the cost.

I'm on the fence and for the overall cost i'm leaning towards a Warn Powerplant or a York.

Frydaddy

I talked to the ARB rep and the single runs about 15-20 minutes continuous the dual is made for continuous duty hence the cost.

I'm on the fence and for the overall cost i'm leaning towards a Warn Powerplant or a York.

The continuous duty models include a "T" in the model. It looks like those start at $550

WJCO

Meme King

I aired up my 33s and Matt's 37s in about 16 minutes with the ARB twin. So 8 tires in just over 15 minutes. It's a pretty sweet device. This is guesstimating from 15 psi to 30 psi.

Here's where I put mine. Hands down best mod I have. No more driving 45 minutes to a near by town on 15 PSI looking for for air and waiting in line behind everyone doing the same. 37" tire goes from 15 to 35 in less 2 minutes. IMG_8661.jpg IMG_8662.jpg

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

I would like too. But don't want an outside fitting and take a chance of mudd and such getting in.

Mud? What's that?
If you have an under hood mount you usually want the hood open for ventilation anyway, so I assume this is for esthetics?
I think I'd mount mine under the passenger seat, then run the line out the side of the Jeep and put the fittings there. Keeps it away from the heat of the engine.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Mud? What's that?

I think I'd mount mine under the passenger seat, then run the line out the side of the Jeep and put the fittings there. Keeps it away from the heat of the engine.

Yea, I aslo mounted mine under the passenger seat, under hood is too cramped in there for my taste, probably nothing wrong with that though.

Top Bottom