Family And Friends Jeep Envy Stories. It's A Real Thing.

SunWolf

How have some of you dealt with Jeep envy and what are some of the silliest comments you have come across? Mine started a few years ago just by mentioning that I was possibly getting a Jeep. Some of the things I heard right away were "Oh, you don't want a Jeep. They are loud and break easy." "Kia and Hyundai make some nice SUV's you can take off-road." These are just a couple of the negative things I heard and why even bring up a Kia and Hyundai? Really?!

It went from people strangely trying to talk me out of getting a Jeep to people who have disappeared after I bought one. I knew I wanted a Jeep for years and there was nothing anyone could say to change my mind. I looked at other cars, but they were all boring to me. I was set on a Jeep and that is what I got. Didn't know it would come with silly Jeep Envy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I too worry about what other people drive. Especially on social media.

ADD SARCASM FONT.

FuriousDz

Some people are strange when you don't take their advice. Like it somehow affects their lives when you make a choice they don't agree with.

Most people I come across have the opposite to say and love asking questions about it. Especially if it's built up.

Only negative thing I've had someone say when I bought my second Jeep was how it's garbage on ice. Yeah no sh!t everything is garbage on ice...

SunWolf

I too worry about what other people drive. Especially on social media.

ADD SARCASM FONT.

Haha. It's weird. I could have said I'm getting a Toyota, Kia or Hyundai, Ford, Chevy or whatever and people would be okay, but mention a Jeep Wrangler and a few people instantly care about what you might be driving and how it's the wrong vehicle to get. [emoji38]

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Some people are strange when you don't take their advice. Like it somehow affects their lives when you make a choice they don't agree with.

Most people I come across have the opposite to say and love asking questions about it. Especially if it's built up.

Only negative thing I've had someone say when I bought my second Jeep was how it's garbage on ice. Yeah no sh!t everything is garbage on ice...

My experience was also the same: People were happy to see the purchase. The biggest compliment I get is how much better it looks in person. Some people see the photos on Social Media and then say how cool it looks. But when they see how big it is in person, I get anything from "Oh my god" to DAAAMMMMNNNNN!!!!!"

My Jeep was surprisingly good on ice actually. I was really worried about how bad the 4x4 tires would be, but the sheer weight of my Jeep caused it to handle very well in the snow and ice. In fact, I was able to turn my Jeep into a Dynatrac Snow Plow:

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

Man, what a rush, plowing through the snow, overheating the engine, lockers on full-time. Rockin good time!

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
When I purchased my jeep it was the only one on my street. Now there are 4, though no one has asked or said anything about it, some have taken pics of it.
People are strange creatures.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

SunWolf

Or that they are not good in sand because they had a Jeep Cherokee once and that's what they experienced. I mention that I was in some thick sand in the wrangler and it did perfectly fine in 4H and then I hear "Well the wranglers are probably built better now, but they were never good in sand."

DMF

I always get the Jeep sucks from my friends that drives other name brands but i'm always the first to be volunteer to drive when they want to take any trips to the mountains.

SunWolf

When I purchased my jeep it was the only one on my street. Now there are 4, though no one has asked or said anything about it, some have taken pics of it.
People are strange creatures.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Much more positives have come out of it. The negative stuff was just very noticeable from a handful of people that seem to have cut me off in real life. I don't care if anyone likes my stuff on social media, it's the fact that after I posted that first pic I got some cold shoulders in real life.

Other than that I have come across people that love the Jeep, people that want to talk about it who would like to have one, people that want me to take them off-road or just want to ride in it. It is a fun vehicle to have.

scrota76

Ive gone through a lot of cars since i turned sixteen. I even went through a custom lowride Honda Civic racer phase in the mid 90's. Ive had plain cars and nice custom cars. But weird things happen when you own a Jeep. For instance, in the last three years ive have caught people in parking lots snooping around my Jeep. I have had people ask to take pictures of my Jeep, number one reason, to show their wives. I have been flagged down while driving. And twice now i have had people come and knock on my front door. I haven't lost any friends because i got a Jeep, but i have certainly gained friends because of the Jeep life.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Lol. I've come back to my Jeep from shopping and found hearts drawn on my windows, people wave me down or knock on my window to talk about Jeeps. I've had a lot of different vehicles over the years and the Jeep life is truly a one-of-a kind experience. At least one other Jeep has arrived on my street since I bought mine.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

SunWolf

Ive gone through a lot of cars since i turned sixteen. I even went through a custom lowride Honda Civic racer phase in the mid 90's. Ive had plain cars and nice custom cars. But weird things happen when you own a Jeep. For instance, in the last three years ive have caught people in parking lots snooping around my Jeep. I have had people ask to take pictures of my Jeep, number one reason, to show their wives. I have been flagged down while driving. And twice now i have had people come and knock on my front door. I haven't lost any friends because i got a Jeep, but i have certainly gained friends because of the Jeep life.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah lot more positives. People love them. It's a nice looking vehicle. Have had the same thing with people snooping through the windows and just admiring it. I see that happening with other Jeeps.

Last edited:

SunWolf

Lol. I've come back to my Jeep from shopping and found hearts drawn on my windows, people wave me down or knock on my window to talk about Jeeps. I've had a lot of different vehicles over the years and the Jeep life is truly a one-of-a kind experience. At least one other Jeep has arrived on my street since I bought mine.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Definitely a one of a kind experience.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I've had a couple mainly from the old Jeep guys that don't like the JK and a few family members that think that putting money into my jeeps a waist of money. I just let it go in one ear and out the other lol I don't have time for their comments when I'm busy looking at all the jeep parts I want haha

Top Bottom