JT Wrangler Pick-Up Production Truck Bed?

benatc1

Hooked
Looks pretty cool, would make a cool jeep set up in sure. However if im looking for a real truck to do work, this is not it. But would be a sweet vehicle to build and bomb around in, and I believe would fit right in well with that compact pick up market

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Barkerp

Second jeep in the family?

She saw the prototype photos and Wife is already asking when I am buying her one.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Not really into the Jeep truck but still am interested in seeing the final product. At least Jeep is going to offer the Wrangler with a bed as many seem to like it.

ajeepthing

I really want one but will probably wait for the 2nd or 3rd year of production...I went to the stealership the day the jku's were unloaded off the truck in '07 and looking back should of waited then too. Yeah I was the first in my area to have a 4 door but a couple years of feedback to sort bugs out is worth it. Plus you have the benefit of more available aftermarket mods! Should be just in time for my youngest one to take over my jk so it may be proper timing for me!
Don't laugh at me if you see me on the release date at the stealership again! Lol!

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yes - AEV ceased taking orders for the Brute Double Cab production as of March 31.

Soft top - probably not a factory option, but most definitely aftermarket. I'm sure Bestop will get on it quick!

Hemi - I'm confident AEV will continue to offer that conversion. If not, there are many other shops that will do it...provided the new crates continue to be manufactured for other Chrysler products. AEV isn't gonna do Ram only...they'll have their mitts in Jeep stuff still. Too much market share to not be involved somehow.

You guys that want a 2 door...get the original Brute, they are out there. I personally like the 4 door, more dry storage space...and I always seem to have someone w/ me. Overlanding will be nice w/ the added room. And, of course, I have kids!

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait...

Can't make a soft top if the hard top isn't removable.

Do you understand what is involved in clean motor conversions for vehicles? It's not just being able to buy a crate motor. You need to figure out the electronics and that is something some companies are still working on for the JK 3.6 which has been out for 5 years already. There is a lot more to it and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen or takes at least years before it does.

Brute

Hooked
Can't make a soft top if the hard top isn't removable.

Do you understand what is involved in clean motor conversions for vehicles? It's not just being able to buy a crate motor. You need to figure out the electronics and that is something some companies are still working on for the JK 3.6 which has been out for 5 years already. There is a lot more to it and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen or takes at least years before it does.

Meshng different power plant technologies to work with different vehicles is the challenge...custom programming ecu, pcm & tcm can be difficult...I know from 1st hand experience

So conflicted right now. I've been telling myself I will one of these days upgrade from my 11 year old Chevy silveRADo and get a Ford 250 or 350. But with a JT pick up coming out. I could already see myself diving off the deep end with a Jeep truck and that sounds pretty awesome. Freak

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So conflicted right now. I've been telling myself I will one of these days upgrade from my 11 year old Chevy silveRADo and get a Ford 250 or 350. But with a JT pick up coming out. I could already see myself diving off the deep end with a Jeep truck and that sounds pretty awesome. Freak

I keep hoping it's enough to sell my f250 PSD and buy one.

Top Bottom