Wave from TX... almost

knightvision

Hello! Been lurking on the forums for years, but now I'm moving to Dallas in a few weeks, looking forward to finding some good trails out that way! Any tips?

Cyd

Zstairlessone

Welcome from Texas, not in Dallas so no tips, but if you ever go to Ft. Worth hit up the Railhead on Montgomery for some awesome BBQ

Napalm

Welcome to WAL from Tyler, TX. Bridgeport TX OHV area is just up the road from you in North DFW. I've never been but heard is has a good variety of trails.

Barnwell Mountain OHV area is about 1.5hrs east and packs a lot of fun and a lot of different trails. Scenery is great too!

Other options will be further south 3+ hours would be Hidden Falls, Wolf Caves, etc.

Also, since we are talking about BBQ places, make sure to hit up Hard 8 BBQ. It's great BBQ and they have locations all over the metroplex.

Can't wait to meet you out on the trails!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

knightvision

Welcome to WAL from Tyler, TX. Bridgeport TX OHV area is just up the road from you in North DFW. I've never been but heard is has a good variety of trails.

Barnwell Mountain OHV area is about 1.5hrs east and packs a lot of fun and a lot of different trails. Scenery is great too!

Other options will be further south 3+ hours would be Hidden Falls, Wolf Caves, etc.

Also, since we are talking about BBQ places, make sure to hit up Hard 8 BBQ. It's great BBQ and they have locations all over the metroplex.

Can't wait to meet you out on the trails!

Perfect, Barnwell Mountain OHV probably what I'll explore first, thanks for the tips!

I'll check out the BBQ too, I had Dickeys and thought that was good, but guess thats just fast food? haha

Napalm

Perfect, Barnwell Mountain OHV probably what I'll explore first, thanks for the tips!

I'll check out the BBQ too, I had Dickeys and thought that was good, but guess thats just fast food? haha

Enjoy your trip. I've been wanting to get out there all year but haven't been able too.

And yeah, Dickey's is considered fast food in BBQ here. All of your chain BBQs are okay but your smaller non - franchised bbq joints are much better. Hard 8 have several locations, but they are limited to DFW and it is without a doubt the best bbq i've ever had.

6.4 Hemi JK

Welcome to Texas !!
Barnwell mtn is a lot of fun , we go to Hidden Falls at least one weekend a month ..
Stop and meet the folks at Jones Jeeps at Hidden falls great folks and very helpful ...

Flat Top

Howdy from Houston and Dallas Sucks! :D At least that's what I'm supposed to say with the I-45 rivalry.

Bridgeport is a smaller park but is actually pretty nice. It's not Mable Falls but worth the hour trip from FW with some decent rock gardens and shorter trails.

AdrockTT

Hello from Houston! I'm going to hit Bridgeport off-road park the Sat of memorial day weekend assuming my build is done. You're welcome to meet up and follow if you'd like.

Top Bottom