My rubi sway bar flipped

zimm

Caught the Bug
Evo drag link flip and 6" Evo end links. On the first damn trail today, there's a section that max flexes the suspension both ways very fast. Well coming down the trail the front end is clunking and I can barely steer. Turns out the drivers side sway bar flipped and the end link was jammed into the tie rod clamp. I managed to hammer the clamp a bit and get the end link removed for the remainder of the day. How can I avoid in the future? Limit straps? Set the links longer? The sway bar is currently level at rest.

Maybe the king shocks will fix it as they are an inch shorter at max extension than the fox 4-6" lift shocks I'm running now?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Had the exact same thing happen to me when I first put the lift in. The solution is to Run longer links. Typically the sway at should be on a 5-10* angle but if you have lots of down travel you my need more.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeepfan30

Had the same issue running Fox 4-6 shocks and JKS disko's. I bought longer EVO links, sway bar now sits 10° above level and good to go.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
My sway bar links are set up at around 11" being mounted at factory location. I think you really want your sway bar to sit at higher angle (up) than parallel to the ground.

Jeepfan30

Those are super short. Mine look like this. I have the EVO drag link flip, but use the stock sway bar link mounting points.
50543065916__98718D96-C5E8-4E82-97E0-CCBD0E8C25B3.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As already mentioned your links are WAY to short. Ideally you want them to be about 10ish* above parallel. This gives you the extra protection of them flipping in a situation like you had

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks like I need 8" instead of 6". Don't we all....

View attachment 256204

Honestly at that rate what I would do is just remove the sway bar brackets from evo and just install longer links that go from the Axle to the bar. For that measurement just disconnect the swaybar and have it sit above parallel with the frame then measure from eye to eye to get the length you need

zimm

Caught the Bug
Honestly at that rate what I would do is just remove the sway bar brackets from evo and just install longer links that go from the Axle to the bar. For that measurement just disconnect the swaybar and have it sit above parallel with the frame then measure from eye to eye to get the length you need

I just measured and it's 11". I'll change my order. Wish I didn't use the bracket, it was a pain to drill that hole on drivers side!

Top Bottom