4 inch EVO plush ride questions

JKUx

Hey gang,

I'm upgrading to 37s and doing this on a budget.
I have a 6 speed manual JKU.
I already have the rock krawler front lower control arms and I'm buying the rear lower arms when I order the springs.
The question I have is what length should I set my front and rear lower control arms?

Any help and your time is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
You'll set them to what ever length they need to be to bring your caster back to (or close to) factory specs for the front. For the rear you'll set your pinion angle parallel to the yoke on the transfer case.

If you don't have double cardan rear drive shaft you don't really need rear arms.

JKUx

You'll set them to what ever length they need to be to bring your caster back to (or close to) factory specs for the front. For the rear you'll set your pinion angle parallel to the yoke on the transfer case.

If you don't have double cardan rear drive shaft you don't really need rear arms.

Thank You!

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I did uppers and lowers in the rear for the pinch seam. I'm on 4.5 with 37's and its crazy close at stock lengths. Granted the wheels arc back as they go up (more on short arms) but not quite enough. Just uppers when fixing the driveshaft angle won't allow enough push back to clear the seam on a deep stuff, at least, not on my Jeep. You need to add roughly a half inch to all arms then adjust pinion. As said above, pinion angle is only a big issue on the aftermarket driveshafts, with a stock one you will be fine. Issues to look for when installing are bowed springs and rubbing of the track bar on the diff. I didn't have any issues, but I have read about a few who did and had to make minor adjustments. Stay away from mid-arms to fix the pinch seam problem.

Last edited:

JKUx

I did uppers and lowers in the rear for the pinch seam. I'm on 4.5 with 37's and its crazy close at stock lengths. Granted the wheels arc back as they go up (more on short arms) but not quite enough. Just uppers when fixing the driveshaft angle won't allow enough push back to clear the seam on a deep stuff, at least, not on my Jeep. You need to add roughly a half inch to all arms then adjust pinion. As said above, pinion angle is only a big issue on the aftermarket driveshafts, with a stock one you will be fine. Issues to look for when installing are bowed springs and rubbing of the track bar on the diff. I didn't have any issues, but I have read about a few who did and had to make minor adjustments. Stay away from mid-arms to fix the pinch seam problem.

Thank You, very informative!![emoji1430][emoji1431]

moteaux

I've got the Rock Krawler Rear UCA and LCA sitting at home in a box waiting to fix the same closeness to pinch seams when I get back in country. I still have the stock DS, but it's on my list for the next month mod. IMG_5010.jpg

You can see that with the 4 inch PR springs and 37s how close its brought me to the pinch seems.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JKUx

I've got the Rock Krawler Rear UCA and LCA sitting at home in a box waiting to fix the same closeness to pinch seams when I get back in country. I still have the stock DS, but it's on my list for the next month mod. View attachment 256205

You can see that with the 4 inch PR springs and 37s how close its brought me to the pinch seems.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank You for the side profile pic for the example! Definitely getting the arms. Nice rig!

Top Bottom