tire recommendations

wanderer

need a recommendation for an all terrain tire that wears good is QUIET and has somewhat decent all-around traction< right now looking at Cooper atp khumo pathfinder AT and falken wild peak. at3
size is 315 70 17
Oh and any one want a set of 5 of Kelly safari tsr. Good tire but loud. I drive too much freeway these days for it.

Oreo

I've heard and seen a lot of great things about the Toyo MT's off road, but I don't have a set so I'll wait for someone else to say how they handle on road. I have Nitto G2's at the moment and they are great on road with little to no noise at all. Okay off road, obviously not the best. However I would go with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, as they are not as aggressive as the Toyos but still get the job done when wheelin.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cboone

I'm a fan of the bfg k02 if you are wanting an all terrain tire. Great in snow, mud and street including wet surfaces. Quiet and are wearing very well.

madstiles

I have the Cooper st maxx and the have been great on and off road also super quiet had it in a foot of slimy mud and pulled right through with no lockers I will be replacing the nittos on our avalanche z71 with them also way cheaper than the others

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Vincent

I'm a fan of the bfg k02 if you are wanting an all terrain tire. Great in snow, mud and street including wet surfaces. Quiet and are wearing very well.

Ya, the BFG KO2s are what I'll be going to at the end of this fall.
They've had great reviews ever since they came out.

MrEmmDubya

I ha e been very happy with my Goodyear Duratracs, have them on two vehicles and have been very happy with the on road performance. Surprisingly quiet also.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

ob_tj

Another vote gear for the KO2s. It is an amazing tire. I have driven with them in sand, on the rocks and in a full blown blizzard. They have yet to fail me. I also daily drive my jeep 2 hours one way for work and they are awesome on the road.

gmb425

I have KO2. The only problem, for me, is its performance in mud. At times it feels like I cannot clear the southern Arizona mud off my tires. Besides the mud, it is a good AT tire. Of all the AT tires, I would choose KO2 (based on no experience with any other AT). With that said, I will not buy it again. I would like a tire that will preform well in mud and on the road. Cooped STT Pro is at the top of my list for new tires.

GRBG TRK http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?38800-Garbage-Truck-(GRBG-TRK)

Wethy

I have the duratracs and have been happy with them. I rotate them every 5000 kilometres and they have about 70,000km (roughly 45k ish miles) and they are still pretty quiet and have lots of tread left.
Heres a pic i just took for teference of tread depth left.
20170511_073642.jpg

any4xx

Another vote for the KO2's. I just put that size on my JKR a couple of weeks ago. Very quiet on the highway. I had no issues with the stock MT's EXCEPT for the noise. I hated freeway driving. An added benefit of the KO2's is that you can get them in load range C in 315's if you look for them as replacements for the Ford Raptor. For me, that was a benefit. For others, maybe not. I'm nearly 60 years old and quiet comfort is becoming more important to me.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

I've ran KO2s on two of my rigs and they are great tires. They have good street manors, and pretty decent off road performance. I'm sure I'll end up with another set next year. [emoji12]
IMG_1411.jpg

Lloydsmale

had mud terrains on my willys. Pulled them off at 15k and put on a set of ridge grapplers because I'm getting old and couldn't stand the howl. A couple months later I bought a new Silverado and had them put ko2s on it before I picked it up. Both tires are hands down better on the road then mts. Ive had a number of sets of both bfg ats and mts through the years and the mts are LOUD and get LOUDER. there also not good on wet or icy roads. I ran both the ridge grapplers and ko2s all winter up here and we are in BIG snow country. Hard to compare because there both totally different vehicles but will say the ko2s seemed a bit better on icy roads but both are in a different world then the bfg mt. Both are ALOT quieter then mts. That said the ko2s are a bit quieter then the ridge grapplers but the ridge grapplers are a more aggressive tread pattern and I'm sure they will be better in the mud. But that said even the older bfg ats took me through some pretty bad stuff and the new ones are a bit more aggressive, at least in the sidewall. Id have no problem recommending either to a friend.

Top Bottom