Guess your reputation around the web is accurate.

jagrubb99

Well, if I've learned anything from this thread its that:

1.) Don't air down your Treadwright tires (as such will void the warranty, this is what you're putting on your Jeep?).

2.) Going over 75 mph is bad for your Treadwright tires, or any M/T for that matter (wait, how fast does Mel Wade run EVO1 through the desert, or any other off road racing buggy/truck on their M/T tires?).

3.) These tires are crap, as shown by the MULTITUDE of pics in this thread displaying several different types of failures of the exact tires being discussed (sorry, didnt read your articles worshiping the art of recycled tires, as those pictures can not be disputed with anything those articles could have possibly said).

A.J.

Now that is an interesting point. Molds not fitting quite as well against different casings. Looks like with some of their newest molds, they've gone from a one-piece radial section design to a two-piece design as of ~2013, maybe earlier. Wonder if that was to improve bonding coverage...

Older design:

View attachment 257415

Newer tread pattern / mold:

View attachment 257416

Well they are spending $ trying anyway. Those molds aren't cheap to build. This is not new stuff you do realize. Lt sizes will do ok, but once you start into the flotation sizes (larger than 31x10.50 let's say)the weight of the cap and difference in casing size will be trouble. Then all you need is a couple lazy casing inspections miss a bad patch or some rusted chords from an improperly repaired nail hole that let water into the casing and you have problems. Ok for farm use, but not for me on the freeway. 235/85-16 10 ply on the hay truck? Sure. Snow tires with walnut shells and pinned for studs? Yep. They work fine. 35" on a nice flexible casing aired down on bead locks all day on the rocks and then aired up to hit the freeway home? Nope. Not on my jeep.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

swinler

Well they are spending $ trying anyway. Those molds aren't cheap to build. This is not new stuff you do realize. Lt sizes will do ok, but once you start into the flotation sizes (larger than 31x10.50 let's say)the weight of the cap and difference in casing size will be trouble. Then all you need is a couple lazy casing inspections miss a bad patch or some rusted chords from an improperly repaired nail hole that let water into the casing and you have problems. Ok for farm use, but not for me on the freeway. 235/85-16 10 ply on the hay truck? Sure. Snow tires with walnut shells and pinned for studs? Yep. They work fine. 35" on a nice flexible casing aired down on bead locks all day on the rocks and then aired up to hit the freeway home? Nope. Not on my jeep.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fair enough. Thanks for the good counter-argument. :thumb:

Top Bottom