ATX Beadlocks

PHX JK

Yeah this is another Chamber Pro 2 vs Slab Tread
I'm gonna get some of these and I'm sure I cant go wrong with either there are a few things Id like to know before spending 2 grand.
1) Why does the ATX site list the Slab as Off Road Only but does not Note this for the Camber Pro 2?
2) Are both the Black Slabs and Chambers Teflon Coated?

Truth be told I'm Leaning toward the Slabs be the Chambers dual Valve stems are a nice touch. I like the Wider Stance I would Get with the Slabs too.
The Slabs also tend to be a bit less Expensive but not enough to be the deciding factor. My Take Chambers are More New and Improved and the Slabs are
the Originals
PHX

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah this is another Chamber Pro 2 vs Slab Tread
I'm gonna get some of these and I'm sure I cant go wrong with either there are a few things Id like to know before spending 2 grand.
1) Why does the ATX site list the Slab as Off Road Only but does not Note this for the Camber Pro 2?
2) Are both the Black Slabs and Chambers Teflon Coated?

Truth be told I'm Leaning toward the Slabs be the Chambers dual Valve stems are a nice touch. I like the Wider Stance I would Get with the Slabs too.
The Slabs also tend to be a bit less Expensive but not enough to be the deciding factor. My Take Chambers are More New and Improved and the Slabs are
the Originals
PHX

Both are beadlock wheels and the "off road only" note will apply to both. This is because neither are DOT approved but really, that doesn't mean a whole lot. Sorry, couldn't tell you what the finish is like on the Chamber Pro II as I run them in the machined finish. Slabs are nice wheels too and as you know, have less back spacing. Both use the same rings and they are tough.

Journeyman

They are also different offsets between the wheels. It depends on your setup. I think if your on stock axles you need the 3.5" backspacing of the slab to run 37's
If your running a full width one ton axle you probably not going to want the slab because you would start to get excessively wide. The backspacing of the chamber 4.02 will help pull your tires back in a bit and also improve your scrub radius, which equals better turning radius and less wear on parts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK2DR

They are also different offsets between the wheels. It depends on your setup. I think if your on stock axles you need the 3.5" backspacing of the slab to run 37's
If your running a full width one ton axle you probably not going to want the slab because you would start to get excessively wide. The backspacing of the chamber 4.02 will help pull your tires back in a bit and also improve your scrub radius, which equals better turning radius and less wear on parts.

I'm running 37s with chamber pros on stock axles with no issues

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

37x12.50 should work on a stock axle. A 37x13.50 may cause some rubbing at a full turn and/or stuff.

PHX JK

OH Yeah, Thanks a lot Now I gotta have some of them awesome wheels.
You have a well thought out rig
Oh I guess the buy 4 get one free deal from EVO has me considering the Slabs. I call the looks a tie.
PHX

Journeyman

OH Yeah, Thanks a lot Now I gotta have some of them awesome wheels.
You have a well thought out rig
Oh I guess the buy 4 get one free deal from EVO has me considering the Slabs. I call the looks a tie.
PHX

I think evo does the 4 for 5 on the new kmc beadlocks also. Different wheel depending on your needs. But a similar look in the bare aluminum if that's what you want.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Both are beadlock wheels and the "off road only" note will apply to both. This is because neither are DOT approved but really, that doesn't mean a whole lot. Sorry, couldn't tell you what the finish is like on the Chamber Pro II as I run them in the machined finish. Slabs are nice wheels too and as you know, have less back spacing. Both use the same rings and they are tough.

How are the Chamber Pro IIs working on Moby with full width axles and DTD? Getting ready for XD60/80 + DTD + 40x13.5 and really like the machined Pros, but was under the impression that even with the Slabs, rubbing of the front shocks is an issue. Thanks in advance.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
i wish i would have gone with slabs when i was in the market for new wheels. I decided not to because i didn't have another car at that time when my wife was pregnant and being that it said off road only i wasn't sure but now looking back i don't think i would of had any problems with the slabs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How are the Chamber Pro IIs working on Moby with full width axles and DTD? Getting ready for XD60/80 + DTD + 40x13.5 and really like the machined Pros, but was under the impression that even with the Slabs, rubbing of the front shocks is an issue. Thanks in advance.

You won't have any problems running the Chamber Pro II's with DTD's on a full width XD60/80. :cool:

Andy5160

Hooked
I love my slabs really nice rim, solid. Nothing negative to say about them and never will be. Chambers are really hot as well saw them on some other rigs and if I upgrade at some point and would need new wheels will go with Chambers.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I havent had any issues with running beadlocks in AZ as far as law enforcement giving me grief. While they are advertised as "off road only," this is mostly due to the fact that there is nothing specific as these being legal. If that makes sense. From what was explained to me was everything is legal, until there is something specifically stating it's not.

Several of us are running Slabs, Chamber ProII and the Machete wheels on daily drivers. You can't go wrong with any of them. Personally I like the slabs simplicity and that they have a center cap.

JK2DR

I havent had any issues with running beadlocks in AZ as far as law enforcement giving me grief. While they are advertised as "off road only," this is mostly due to the fact that there is nothing specific as these being legal. If that makes sense. From what was explained to me was everything is legal, until there is something specifically stating it's not.

Several of us are running Slabs, Chamber ProII and the Machete wheels on daily drivers. You can't go wrong with any of them. Personally I like the slabs simplicity and that they have a center cap.

Yeah I was told beadlocks aren't street legal in az and they can give you problems. Haven't had any issues yet but we will see

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
No issues here in AZ or in California when I've been there. I think there's so many simulated beadlocks out there that no one knows anymore. LOL
I figure that since ATX is under the American Racing umbrella I just measured the hole and ordered centercaps that were as close as I could find from Discount. I really need to wash my wheels... and the whole rest of the Jeep actually.

IMG_0212.JPG

Top Bottom