Looking for a winch.

devonn216

Looking for a winch for my JKU. I prefer a Warn and 10k or better, but I'm willing to consider others if the price is right. Just let me know what you have and how much you want for it. I'm currently in Alabama but I frequent North Carolina. I'm willing to drive a good ways to pick up. I'll also be out in California this month so I could pick one up there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I know you said you prefer Warn but Smittybuilt has a 9500 lb one for 299.99 and a 10k one for 399.99. Their warranty isn't half bad either. Lifetime mechanical and 5 year electrical.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I know you said you prefer Warn but Smittybuilt has a 9500 lb one for 299.99 and a 10k one for 399.99. Their warranty isn't half bad either. Lifetime mechanical and 5 year electrical.

Yes, a lifetime warranty is a huge plus when you're stranded in the middle of nowhere with your family, no cell service, and about to be raped by a Yeti.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Yes, a lifetime warranty is a huge plus when you're stranded in the middle of nowhere with your family, no cell service, and about to be raped by a Yeti.
But you do have to admit that for the price point it isn't necessarily a bad idea. Just maybe not a smart one if you can afford a Warn.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Hey I have a Harbor Freight 12,000 lb winch I have used for the the past couple years on my truck and it has worked great. its got outta some really bad situations...................... That being said it has now shot craps on me. I wasn't any the wiser when I bought the winch and to be honest I have been thinking about buying a Smittybilt because their price point is reasonable and they seem to have very good winches.

HOWEVER...... After the past couple of years watching all the WAYALIFE videos and being around other hardcore wheelers and seeing what they have on their rigs period period period I now realize why Warn cost so much. Yes they are expensive and yes you do get what you pay for and some instances and I believe this is one of them. When I go to put a winch on the WJ... I am not going to go anything less than Warn!!!! Yes they are expensive and you don't even have to get the top of the line like the Zeon Platinum.... But you will be glad you have it when you're making long hard pulls and you're dependent on it to get you out of a situation in the middle of nowhere with no one around.

That being said... for my truck since I have to replace the winch... not sure what I'm going with yet. I tend to have a want for the best of the best when I learn better, so I would love to get a Zeon Platinum but cost is a factor too. I have to have at least a 12,000 pound winch since the truck is so heavy and I do recovery with other vehicles in winter as well so it has to be reliable and heavy duty.

I guess in short you could do get what you pay for and while Smittybilt does make a good product I think, the proof is in all the other people using the Warn winches and this type of industry and have no issues with them. And that's the last thing you want on a trail is an issue with your winch when it's your Lifeline, literally.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom