Looking for 40x15.50r20 Nitto Mud Grapplers

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Hey all, I'm trying to find a set of four or possibly five even though I already have a fifth full tread spare for sale. I wish I would have joined six months ago when Eddie had all five of his ATX beadlocks and mud Grapplers for sale because I would have taken a flight from Kansas City out there with cash in hand and rented a truck and drove them back if I had to. But such as my luck I was not a member then. Mine are getting down to the wear pads on two of them and the other two still have a little life left. But beings I drive it almost daily around a hundred miles a day in the need for some new ones pretty soon. And as we all know a brand new set with road hazard or around $3,000. If anyone could help me out it would be very much appreciated. I'm not looking for a Smokin deal or any special favors(although that would be great)... I'm just trying to find some decent like new or used tires.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I'll cut you a great deal on a set of 31" Dynapro M/Ts.... so I can buy 33s ;)
You say that, I'm almost tempted LOL. Not for my truck of course but for the Jeep. I really want to put 33s on it but not sure if it's going to be possible. What kind of deal are we talking just for curiosity sake? How big are they?

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
You say that, I'm almost tempted LOL. Not for my truck of course but for the Jeep. I really want to put 33s on it but not sure if it's going to be possible. What kind of deal are we talking just for curiosity sake? How big are they?

Lol I'm just kidding, you wouldn't want these tires. They are wearing down pretty good now, have large chunks taken out from rocks, etc. They're beat up. I love them, though. I'm replacing them soon with the same model tire.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Lol I'm just kidding, you wouldn't want these tires. They are wearing down pretty good now, have large chunks taken out from rocks, etc. They're beat up. I love them, though. I'm replacing them soon with the same model tire.
Hahaha. I have looked at those tires those are pretty damn aggressive. Not sure I want to go that aggressive on the Jeep but I have contemplated it. I'm glad to hear that they're holding up. Do they get a lot of miles out of them?

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I thought about those tires for my truck but I was told by someone that they're a pretty soft tire. With as big as my truck is and heavy they would scrub right off.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Hahaha. I have looked at those tires those are pretty damn aggressive. Not sure I want to go that aggressive on the Jeep but I have contemplated it. I'm glad to hear that they're holding up. Do they get a lot of miles out of them?

I put them on at 30,000 miles, and I'm at 65,000 miles now. They are about half tread, and while they still perform great, I would just like to upgrade because as I said they have chunks taken out, they are starting to get pretty loud, etc. If I had to push it, and I didn't go offroad with them, you could easily get 60,000 miles out of them. I'll probably keep them around as rollers for a Jeep I'm thinking about restoring.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I thought about those tires for my truck but I was told by someone that they're a pretty soft tire. With as big as my truck is and heavy they would scrub right off.

Yeah they are pretty soft, which helps me a ton offroad but for daily driving (especially in your truck) they would wear out quick. The mud graps look awesome on your RAM!

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I put them on at 30,000 miles, and I'm at 65,000 miles now. They are about half tread, and while they still perform great, I would just like to upgrade because as I said they have chunks taken out, they are starting to get pretty loud, etc. If I had to push it, and I didn't go offroad with them, you could easily get 60,000 miles out of them. I'll probably keep them around as rollers for a Jeep I'm thinking about restoring.
Wow that's not bad at all. That's pretty good on mileage. Yeah mine definitely have chunks and stuff missing out of them too. Plus you can still resell them with half tread. Or keep them for your rolling chassis.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Yeah they are pretty soft, which helps me a ton offroad but for daily driving (especially in your truck) they would wear out quick. The mud graps look awesome on your RAM!
Yeah that definitely wouldn't be good to wear down that quick. I had a set of Goodyear Wrangler mt/r's that's scrubbed off in like 20 thousand miles. Thank you I like the way they look. I have had the Terra Grapplers on there, the Trail Grapplers and now the mud Grapplers on there and I by far like the mud Grapplers. I really don't mind the noise. The Trail Grapplers did great and wore like Steel and I know people wheel with them a lot.... But when you are down the mud Grapplers do better I think. And as far as going to 38's I have thought about it... But I just don't think I would be happy in the end. I've had forties on there for so long I would kick myself for downgrading. And even with the great deal that discount tire has going on I would still have to buy 5 tires. I would make some up on the back and by selling my brand new spare and my other four but still I wouldn't be happy. And I thought about switching to 40x13.50r17's but I just don't think they would be wide enough. On a normal vehicle yes or even on a Jeep absolutely but shrinking 2 inches in width I don't think would look good on the truck.

Top Bottom