Tire help decision!

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
One thing you have going for you is the 2 door. The tires always have the illusion of being bigger compared to when the same tire is on a 4 door. Looks great!:thumb:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Looks great! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks Dawg!

Jeeps looking good! 40psi on a 2 door? :eek: It should ride great after you do the chalk test.

Not bad even at 40! Whatcha think of my pillar light mounts a buddy gave me? Thanks again!

One thing you have going for you is the 2 door. The tires always have the illusion of being bigger compared to when the same tire is on a 4 door. Looks great!:thumb:

So true and thanks!

JKbrick

Well,. Got em and totally happy with my choice of the 285's. They serve at 40 psi. I will do chalk test and adjust. Very nice tires and beefy. Very low road noise I like the hmmmm. My jeep actually rides better. I am shocked by that thanks again fellas!
View attachment 260503 View attachment 260504 View attachment 260505

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Those are 285s? The one post said 295, I looked for 295s and ended up going with 285s also, happy as well with them

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Well you can ask questions and opinions but at the end of the day it is your choice and it seems to me like the right one!!!!!!!!
Enjoy the tires!!!!!!!!!!!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Nice tread! Those look darn good, put your tire pressure down to about 30 psi and you'll be floating on air!

My jeep felt better with bigger tires too.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Those are 285s? The one post said 295, I looked for 295s and ended up going with 285s also, happy as well with them

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well you can ask questions and opinions but at the end of the day it is your choice and it seems to me like the right one!!!!!!!!
Enjoy the tires!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Pete. Those look great on there. I also thought you decided on 295s.

Nice tread! Those look darn good, put your tire pressure down to about 30 psi and you'll be floating on air!

My jeep felt better with bigger tires too.
Sorry guys! My fuck up meant 295/70/17's!

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Yeah I'm gonna try lower for sure. Tire guy said you can go to 80. I told him I don't think so. He suggested 40 for starters.

80 psi!?! Good Lord! :cheesy:

Flintstone-screencap.jpg

Y'know, I wonder how many people out there are driving their vehicles around on tires that are way overinflated like that?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well,. Got em and totally happy with my choice of the 295's. They filled at 40 psi. I will do chalk test and adjust. Very nice tires and beefy. Very low road noise I like the hmmmm. My jeep actually rides better. I am shocked by that thanks again fellas!

Lookin great! :thumb:

Top Bottom