Wave from Sonora, CA

Kenthejeepguy

A friendly WAVE from Sonora, CA. Loved off-roading when I was a kid in Land Cruisers and Land Rovers, but I've wanted a Jeep all these years. I remember looking at new ones on the AMC car lots in the early 70's with my dad. Finally in 2011 decided on a new Rubicon Unlimited. Still have kids at home to enjoy it with me and still have a job to pay for the upgrades! The wife's finally not mad at me anymore for buying it and actually will go in it on occasion! I love Slickrock and hear that Deer Creek will open the summer of 2017 again. Plan on getting a group together to try the Rubicon later this summer. Happy trails everyone!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
A friendly WAVE from Sonora, CA. Loved off-roading when I was a kid in Land Cruisers and Land Rovers, but I've wanted a Jeep all these years. I remember looking at new ones on the AMC car lots in the early 70's with my dad. Finally in 2011 decided on a new Rubicon Unlimited. Still have kids at home to enjoy it with me and still have a job to pay for the upgrades! The wife's finally not mad at me anymore for buying it and actually will go in it on occasion! I love Slickrock and hear that Deer Creek will open the summer of 2017 again. Plan on getting a group together to try the Rubicon later this summer. Happy trails everyone!

Welcome to WAL from Oakley. Slick Rock is a fun trail, looking forward to another run on it this year. Curious how much snow is still up there. And I'm guessing you mean Deer Valley trail? If I remember right it was just a portion of it that was closed. Never been up there. What have you heard about it?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kenthejeepguy

Welcome to WAL from Oakley. Slick Rock is a fun trail, looking forward to another run on it this year. Curious how much snow is still up there. And I'm guessing you mean Deer Valley trail? If I remember right it was just a portion of it that was closed. Never been up there. What have you heard about it?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I call it Deer Creek Trail, but sometimes it's referred to as Clover Valley Tr. or Deer Valley Tr. I dunno which is "proper". Was shut down at the El Dorado Natl Forest border a couple years ago and the ranger station told me they thought it'd be open fully this summer. I'm no official spokesman, of course, but I've been going up there for a long time and can't wait till it opens again. I took my pre-lifted Rubicon on it once, but I'd recommend some lift and a winch at least to avoid damage. Always funner with a group.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ob_tj

Welcome to wayalife from about 20 min west of you on 120. Like speedy_RWC said I am also looking forward to running slick rock and a few others this summer!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom