Rubicon trail (El Dorado County side) under temporary closure

ob_tj

Why? Still a lot of snow?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
The following was taken from the Cal4wheel website:

1) The soil is saturated to the point where water can no longer soak in
2) The depth of water greater than 8 inches (capable of rinsing contaminants from the bottom of a vehicle)
3) The water is flowing so that it can transport sediment.)

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Why? Still a lot of snow?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Run off has flooded the soup bowl area to a degree they feel it's impassable. Lot's of floating logs and ice in the mix. El Dorado County is very sensitive to dirt roads in their county. They close all dirt roads in the county for off road use during the winter every year. This year ( not the first time) they have extended their closure to include the trail until things dry out a bit more.

jesse3638

Hooked
Run off has flooded the soup bowl area to a degree they feel it's impassable. Lot's of floating logs and ice in the mix. El Dorado County is very sensitive to dirt roads in their county. They close all dirt roads in the county for off road use during the winter every year. This year ( not the first time) they have extended their closure to include the trail until things dry out a bit more.

It sucks that it won't be able to be ran anytime soon but its the right thing to do so knuckleheads don't go in and really trash the trail. That'll just give the Nature Nazis ammo to try and close it for good.

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
It sucks that it won't be able to be ran anytime soon but its the right thing to do so knuckleheads don't go in and really trash the trail. That'll just give the Nature Nazis ammo to try and close it for good.

Agreed, we'll see how many folks respect the closure...

BobNH

We have nothing on the scale of the Rubicon here in NH and Vt, but we have many areas that do the same thing, though more often March to June since the snowmobiles have it in the winter. Mud season, too easy to destroy the road/trails. Makes our decent offroad season about 4-5 months when you factor in hunting seasons.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom