Pursesnatcher's Rhino JKU (rideshare built)

Pursesnatcher

Let's face it, living is expensive. Especially when you're a young professional, in the heart of one of the most expensive cities in the US (Denver, CO). Welcome to my ride share funded build thread! But first, let's get you up to speed I made my move back to CO (lived in TN for 12 years) in January 2017 to start a new job, and couldn't have been more excited.

Before I left, I picked up this gorgeous 2016 Rhino JKU

BXdIy9fh.jpg

On January 15, I left for Denver! This was about 900 miles into the journey, after my first night spent in Hays, KS. You can't tell, but the Jeep is completely loaded down - you can really fit a lot of things into such a squared vehicle ;)

H8lg870h.jpg

Crossing the Colorado State line! What a great day

lAUkIIXh.jpg

---
After moving to Denver, it was apparent to me that I needed something part time to make my build happen, which lead to me to Lyft/Uber. My full time covers all of my living expenses + life savings and my weekends are for saving for the build. The purpose of this thread is to show Jeepers that anyone can make their build possible, even if they feel like they don't have the funds to go where they want. 20 hours a week of driving is all I need to make this happen - I'm more than down for the sacrifice!

So far, I've completed over 275 rides and funded about half of my build! Very exciting stuff.

iIE44pPm.png

3FhCq8vm.png

---

Build Goals

I'm going 35's on this build. If I had the money for axles, I'd be on 37's. For now, 35's should be a perfect balance for daily driver and give me enough capibility on the trails here in Colorado to go have fun, as long as I pick the easy lines ;) Down the road, I can move up to bigger and better things!

Build list
-IPF H4 Conversion Installed
-Baja Designs Squadron Sports Installed
-SPOD 6-Switch Installed
-MCE Fenders Installed
-EVO Pro Series front bumper with skid Installed
-EVO Pro Series rear bumper Installed
-EVO Tire carrier Installed
-Rhino Rack Backbone
-Lift (still shopping around, either going EVO 3in Enforcer or JKS 3.5in JSPEC) July 2017
-Wheels (still shopping, either going KMC Machete Beadlocks or Method VEX 311 Aluminum) July 2017
-Toyo R/T 35x12.50R17 Purchased
-4.88 Regear July 2017
-EVO C's July 2017

Last edited:

Pursesnatcher

Before moving out, I did modify my lighting. Living in the Tennessee back country, there are lots of deer. These saved me a few times for sure! I went for the Baja Designs Squadron Sports. Awesome lights for the price, I'm not a huge fan of the A-Pillar mount I went with but that will change once I get some bumpers. I also complemented the lights with an SPOD system. Thank you benatc1 for the clean sale :)

f7bXihSh.jpg

WASEY6Uh.jpg

Next, I went for some mods for my riders! Bartact grab handles all around & a Streamlight 1L light. The strobe function is VERY handy for flagging down hammered individuals at 2am, hehe

469Isgoh.jpg

So, this weekend I was fortunate enough to find someone with Rhino color matched MCE fenders to trade. I know, the recommended route is to do the fender cut. But, this was a deal I couldn't pass up. Here is the Jeep all cleaned up -- Thank you Adam's for making bada** car cleaning products. Fenders removed, ready for the swap!

hpJvGfZh.jpg

This was after returning from the trade, cleaning up the MCE fenders! They're in good condition, but need some loving!

tbKrHRuh.jpg

After about 30 minutes of install, my drill burnt out. So I decided to pull them off, get the paint cleaned up a little bit on them at my local auto body and reinstall this weekend! Until then, I'm going fender-less.

P.S. thank you @H8ROADS for setting up the Coloardo WAL meet this weekend in Centennial. It was great to meet everyone!

Last edited:

Napalm

Nice. Are you friends with David from the forum? I'm almost positive I've seen this Jeep on one of his vlogs, but I could be wrong. Nice color and nice Jeep!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

Nice! Are those the fenders that were posted in the Facebook group? Glad you scored them! No idea why that guy wanted to ditch them. Love MCE fenders.

Pursesnatcher

Nice. Are you friends with David from the forum? I'm almost positive I've seen this Jeep on one of his vlogs, but I could be wrong. Nice color and nice Jeep!

Yessir! I do know David, and that was my Jeep in the vlog

Nice! Are those the fenders that were posted in the Facebook group? Glad you scored them! No idea why that guy wanted to ditch them. Love MCE fenders.

Yep! Found 'em on the FB page. Very nice dude, he is going for an overlander look now. Just calling around Denver for quotes on paint correction now, just some light trail rash - nothing crazy just figured I'd spruce em up while they're off the Jeep

GraniteCrystal

Yessir! I do know David, and that was my Jeep in the vlog

Yep! Found 'em on the FB page. Very nice dude, he is going for an overlander look now. Just calling around Denver for quotes on paint correction now, just some light trail rash - nothing crazy just figured I'd spruce em up while they're off the Jeep

Because MCE fenders clearly are no good for overlanding 🤔

His loss your score!

Pursesnatcher

Armor installed

MCE Rhino Clear coat color matched fenders, EVO Pro Front/Rear Bumpers & tire carrier installed this weekend

Huge thanks to vanv39 & our buddy Scott for their help this weekend with getting everything installed - it was smooth sailing for the most part!

8f5lQMOl.jpg

Right when we pulled her out of the garage - yup, she needs a bath

gTpXr6o.jpg

Side by side of David's Rubi, 4in Enforcer + 37in Cooper SST Pro's... yup I have some growing up to do:naw:

JBtwSaz.jpg

Headed up to Lookout Mountain in Golden, CO for a little better location

1lrzpJS.jpg

N54zX7C.jpg

ozCxYtM.jpg

vmk6c5f.jpg

Ordering my wheels this week, not going to disclose what I went with just yet! Still shopping around on the lift. Deciding if I want to go JKS or EVO at this point - test driving this week hopefully to pull the trigger.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Your wheels will help the look so much. I am always amazed at how much better a Jeep looks after pushing the tires out even with or past the fender flare's edge. BTW, your new bumpers are great looking.

Top Bottom