Help me choose a tire carrier

tgoss

That metal on metal sound when this big fella gets bumped around. Guessing it's just something to get use to but in town it sounds like it's falling apart.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Um, no... that isn't something you should get used to.... It's either adjusted incorrectly or something is loose. ....Or quite simply you have a poorly made carrier where the latch is subpar allowing movement to the tire swing and/or the tolerances between components is not machined precisely.

OP, I'll chime in as I've had 2 of your 3.

The CC carrier was really nice, cool looking design but for me had too many stupid components and adjusting it constantly to alleviate rattles was a pain. Ditched it for Evo's carrier and while I had my issues with that one too, I would buy it again hands down over all single operation carriers out there.

TriggaHappy

That's not right. My RockHard bumper, doesn't make a sound. Check to see if it's striking the Jeep, somewhere.

It's a bad design on the handle I think. It's slotted and when it drops in the slot it leaves the handle loose and it clanks against the metal bracket. Thinking it needs a rubber piece there to keep the metal off of the direct metal but that wasn't in the original design. May be looking at another option in the future but I love the tail lights on this one. May look into a different handle for it.

Basscat

I know you're wanting a gate mounted carrier but the best tire carrier with easy one handed operation I've experienced is the AEV carrier. It carries a 37" tire very well and additional accessories (high lift, fuel, antenna, trail light, pull pal, shovel, water) are very well thought out. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I know you're wanting a gate mounted carrier but the best tire carrier with easy one handed operation I've experienced is the AEV carrier. It carries a 37" tire very well and additional accessories (high lift, fuel, antenna, trail light, pull pal, shovel, water) are very well thought out. Just a thought.

To build on Basscat, here is the write up that Coloradan did for the AEV tirecarrier with the EVO fascia if you want that over all look.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?37237-EVO-Fascia-with-AEV-Tire-Carrier

Nic Try

I have the evo tire carrier, cannot say enough good about it. Its built well and has and OEM kinda look, not clunky and no rattles

For brake lights: i bought the ones that insert into the lug nuts (LEDs) and they work great, splice into factory harness and unplugg easy fro access to tire. I also routed my back up cam in the the spokes of my methods NVs

It looks super clean, id share a pic, but im traveling and don't have one ready.

But evo did right on this one

seansheds

I had originally planned to get the AEV but i decided I don't want a full width bumper.

seansheds

The AEV doesn't require a bumper. See Mr.Ty's post, above.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?37237-EVO-Fascia-with-AEV-Tire-Carrier

I know it doesn't require the bumper and I do like the looks of his. I had also planned on the EVO rear fascia until a few weeks ago when I was out for my first rock crawling experience. Once of the guys had the facia without corner armor and came down off a rock and his corner whacked the rock and put a big dent in it. Now he's switching to corner armor and corner mounted carrier. Since I don't want to run corner armor I decided I want a slim bumper that has at least a little wrap around the corners.

Top Bottom