iPad and Bad Elf GPS for Nav

tcjku

SOLD - thanks for your interest

Hi there!

I wanted to give y'all a crack at this before I post it on ebay or CL. You may remember from a thread I posted a while back that I was using an iPad for Nav in the Jeep. I've gone and bought myself a new iPad, so I wanted to give the old one a chance to go to a good home in a new jeep.

This is an iPad 2 WiFi with 32Gb RAM. It comes with the Bad Elf GPS module. You can use it with their own aps or Gaia Maps (which is what I did). I'm also throwing in the RAM cradle for it, so you can mount that sucker right away. It also comes with a fist full of charging cables.

I figure $100 is a fair price for the bundle, but open to offers. Happy to ship at buyer's expense or deliver to someone local to San Francisco.

(Yeah, I know I haven't posted in a while - let the flame wars begin....)

Cheers

Tony

2017-05-22 18.48.37.jpg

2017-05-22 18.48.54.jpg

2017-05-22 18.50.29.jpg

2017-05-22 18.49.56.jpg

Last edited:

tcjku

This allows you to run navigation without data service on the Ipad? If so, I will take it. Shipping to 75001?

Shipping via USPS is $15.00.

Yes - you can use this to run nav without a data service. If you use Gaia maps you can download the background maps using wifi when you are at home and it'll cache them for the trip - it's pretty nifty. I'm basically using the same setup now, but with a new iPad that has the built-in GPS - but no cell data plan required.

I recommend taking a look at the Gaia GPS vids on Youtube to check that's what you're after before you purchase. If you decided you do want it then shoot me a PM with your paypal email address and I'll send along an invoice.

thanks! Tony

tcjku

So do you have to pay a GPS subscription fee or is it plug and play?

There's no subscription fee - everything you need is here in this kt. You just need to take a few minutes to set it up, as I reset the iPad.

Top Bottom