Rough Country

Sheep_Dog

IMG_1050.JPG

Been a Jeeper for a couple of years now and WOW is there so much to learn. My first year was mostly research and saving. Recently I started adding to "Sheep Dog" and enjoying every minute of it. I know there are so many awesome lift companies that are just so capable to make your jeep do anything but they are so expensive. I did my home work on the rough country lift and I gotta say I am very happy with it. I don't go off-road much and I'm sure if I brought it to Moab it will probably snap. I do a couple of local trails with some water, mud and some uneven terrain and they have held up pretty good. 08' jku on 35" procomp wheels and tires. I figured if I get 3 years out of them then I can replace it and having bought two it will still be half the price of others. So far I got no problems with RC. On another note this forum is freakin great. There are some jeepers at work but nobody talks jeep yet. Nice to know I can seek guidance from jeep guru's here. I look forward to learning more.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
View attachment 260028

Been a Jeeper for a couple of years now and WOW is there so much to learn. My first year was mostly research and saving. Recently I started adding to "Sheep Dog" and enjoying every minute of it. I know there are so many awesome lift companies that are just so capable to make your jeep do anything but they are so expensive. I did my home work on the rough country lift and I gotta say I am very happy with it. I don't go off-road much and I'm sure if I brought it to Moab it will probably snap. I do a couple of local trails with some water, mud and some uneven terrain and they have held up pretty good. 08' jku on 35" procomp wheels and tires. I figured if I get 3 years out of them then I can replace it and having bought two it will still be half the price of others. So far I got no problems with RC. On another note this forum is freakin great. There are some jeepers at work but nobody talks jeep yet. Nice to know I can seek guidance from jeep guru's here. I look forward to learning more.

I installed a rough country 3.5" lift on my 08' jku. Before I purchased it I read many reviews and watched some videos on them. I found there were more people that liked them then those who did not. The ones that didn't like them did rock crawling every weekend. The ones that did like them went a few times a year ( me). Many have said "they heard" but have not tried them. I also found negative reviews on many of the fancy brands. The price difference for me is massive. If I get 3 years out of a $500 lift then I can just buy them again. The fancy brands are $1,500 and up. That's triple the price. I would love one of the high end brands that are probably better then my rough country set but after having installed for 7 months with 35" tires. I think they're great. All the parts were far greater then the stock jku parts. I'm even thinking about buying more rough country parts to upgrade stock parts like the track bar. They are affordable and reasonably work. If your gonna kill it on the weekends then don't buy RC. If you want a decent and affordable lift that you will use on simple trails with some mud and uneven dirt Then Hell yeah. Maybe one I will get Fox. But for now I love my Rc lift.

I see you're quite the rough country fan based on your first 2 posts and your fender sticker. So in summary, you bought a lower quality lift at a lower price and because you 'saved' money, you would be willing to buy it again if it takes a shit on you. Got it.

longarmwj

Ahh yes, Rough Country.

You see, Rough Country is like an ugly girlfriend. You go out and see all your friends with these top shelf girlfriends, and you feel left out. So you go out, and just pick one up wherever you can find her. It serves its purpose but pretty soon she starts sagging and making funny noises, and honestly you've always been embarrassed to be seen with her anyway, so you order up a top shelf replacement.

Then one night she comes by unannounced and sees the new top shelf kit laying in the garage spread out with her joints all greased up, and things get awkward.

WJCO

Meme King
Ahh yes, Rough Country.

You see, Rough Country is like an ugly girlfriend. You go out and see all your friends with these top shelf girlfriends, and you feel left out. So you go out, and just pick one up wherever you can find her. It serves its purpose but pretty soon she starts sagging and making funny noises, and honestly you've always been embarrassed to be seen with her anyway, so you order up a top shelf replacement.

Then one night she comes by unannounced and sees the new top shelf kit laying in the garage spread out with her joints all greased up, and things get awkward.

But you get to use her 3 times. :cheesy:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Ahh yes, Rough Country.

:clap2::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::thumb:

longarmwj

But you get to use her 3 times. :cheesy:

Its always that third session where you start to get more comfortable with her, so you go just a little bit harder. That's when you start noticing the weird squeaks and moans. Then you flip it over and try a different line hoping the new position muffles the obvious sounds of abuse

Sheep_Dog

Wow. I figured I was gonna get some rough responses. That girlfriend joke had me laughing so hard. I really mean lol. Maybe I will upgrade later. Time will tell. But for now ugly girl it is. They need loving too. Thanks for the laugh.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Yeah, you're not going to impress anybody around here with that lift... but you're a good sport about it. Do stick around and learn what will work better for you later. Your Jeep is pretty nice overall and I always liked that color.

R3D4UM

My buddy once told me that if you always try and take the women that are 9s and 10s home you go home to lotion and tissues most of the time. If you go for the 4s and 5s you go home with someone 90% of the time. He also said he loved big girls because they try harder to please you because they have to. Yes he was kind of an ass but he always had someone Friday and Saturday night.

Top Bottom