Zippers

Deadhockey

Life time jeep lover and finally an Owner. My zippers work good but I was wondering how easy or tough should they be? I've been looking at lubrication for them any suggestions or thoughts?
Thank you

Damtall55

I have heard from several different people that chapstick can be used in this area as well. Any thoughts on that Eddie? Thanks!!

Kalums

I use white lightning bike chain lube... Been using it for years. They sell it at wally world now. It's a wax based lube (like chapstick) works great for me. Just watch out it will stain your top. I usually put it on a rag and then the zipper teeth.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Life time jeep lover and finally an Owner. My zippers work good but I was wondering how easy or tough should they be? I've been looking at lubrication for them any suggestions or thoughts?
Thank you

Over here in dry, dusty Arizona, I use liquid dish soap with great success. It was recommended to me by a few people locally. It isn't like many of the lubricants, trapping a lot of dust and obviously washes off easily. I don't coat the entire zipper, just a random drop here and there.

I realize this may not work for TN since I imagine you get more of that wet stuff that falls from the sky. What's that called again? Rain, or something like that??? [emoji1]

MTG

Caught the Bug
Bestop zipper lube works great! :thumb:

*not the actual name, but google will get you close enough.

Jeepers46

I use white lightning bike chain lube... Been using it for years. They sell it at wally world now. It's a wax based lube (like chapstick) works great for me. Just watch out it will stain your top. I usually put it on a rag and then the zipper teeth. <br />
<br />

I use this also. Ive not used anything else so i cant say if its better or worse than any of the others but it seems to work pretty well and stays in for a long time. The only disadvantage as stated is it stains your top .

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Deadhockey

Thank everyone for the warm welcome and helpful advice. I haven't seen any of the wax base but I will be looking into it now due to rain and moisture here. I'll post a follow up soon. Thank you again

Top Bottom