Clutch Pedal Feel

Zeus

Hi Guys

2013 JK 3.6 Rubicon

The issue I am experiencing comes and goes, my clutch works perfectly no slipping or shuddering the issue that I have is the clutch pedal travel does not feel smooth.

When driving normally changing gears it is smooth but when I slow down on engine braking coming to a robot and press in the clutch the last 2cm from the floor it feels like there is a 'kink' or 'notch' before reaching the floor nothing major or sticky just not smooth.

Like I said clutch operation is normal its just the "notchy" feeling in the last bit of travel.

Do I live with it or have it checked out, have you experienced it?

Thanks

Bustedback

Mine has the same thing going on, plus I can hear a clicking and a squeak under the Jeep when pushing the clutch pedal.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

It's the throw out bearing. I just had the same issues with my 2012. The throw out bearing broke apart, once that happened squeaks between shifts (really loud) and a clunk feel when the clutch engaged the flywheel.

I ended up replacing the entire clutch and flywheel with a Centerforce II Full clutch kit. It's been 2 weeks now since installation, and I could not be happier. Worth every penny. The engine idles and reves smoother from the much better balanced flywheel, and the clutch engages buttery smooth and I've noticed ZERO slippage once the peddle is out. Even on steep hills with 35's and a heavy rig.

I can easily say the CenterForce II kit is my favorite upgrade since my lift.

Draconianwinter

It's the throw out bearing. I just had the same issues with my 2012. The throw out bearing broke apart, once that happened squeaks between shifts (really loud) and a clunk feel when the clutch engaged the flywheel.

I ended up replacing the entire clutch and flywheel with a Centerforce II Full clutch kit. It's been 2 weeks now since installation, and I could not be happier. Worth every penny. The engine idles and reves smoother from the much better balanced flywheel, and the clutch engages buttery smooth and I've noticed ZERO slippage once the peddle is out. Even on steep hills with 35's and a heavy rig.

I can easily say the CenterForce II kit is my favorite upgrade since my lift.
They do make a great clutch system. I am planning on their clutch as well once I have to replace mine. One thing people tend to forget is that wheeling adds a massive amount of wear oon the clutch in a straight shift as the stock clutches were not designed around this.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bustedback

I was thinking of doing the Centerforce kit, you just helped me make up my mind. Thank you.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

Top Bottom