New Cumming Crate Engines

jorgelrod

Hooked
Just saw a video on Youtube for the new Cummins diesels engines targeting the overland communities with emissions covered for vehicles until 1999 I think, seems interesting

Rubisquach

This would be a dog in a JKU. According to the specs diagram this diesel makes one less foot-pound of torque, and almost 100 horsepower LESS than the 3.6 gas engine. This would be a disastrous swap into a JKU.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The efficiency of the diesel would blow the 3.6 away. Bruiser Conversions out of Clearwater FL swaps these into jku's on the regular. Reports from them with a jku on 35's and a lift getting anywhere from 25/27 city and 30 highway. Diesels are far more efficient.

Keep it shiny side up [emoji1595][emoji1598]

JKbrick

The efficiency of the diesel would blow the 3.6 away. Bruiser Conversions out of Clearwater FL swaps these into jku's on the regular. Reports from them with a jku on 35's and a lift getting anywhere from 25/27 city and 30 highway. Diesels are far more efficient.

I wouldn't spend my money there

DP1120

It would probably work fine on a mild build but if it is a heavy build i think there are better options. It would be great in something like a CJ or even a flat fender though.

Desertman

The rest of the world got the 2.8 VM engine. I have the 2.5 version in my jeep in England and it runs great. It runs better on poor grade fuel than the ultra shell diesel. These engines were fitted in ford cars and range rovers. Very hard to beat they have high torque and a long life duty. Only maintenance is a new cam belt every 80,000 miles and oil change every 10,000 miles. Mobil 1 turbo diesel is the best oil along with the factory ( VM ) filters.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
It would probably work fine on a mild build but if it is a heavy build i think there are better options. It would be great in something like a CJ or even a flat fender though.

I'd extend that further to a TJ/LJ build as well. These aren't really meant for newer JKs considering the emissions requirements (DEF, etc)

J

JKDream

A lot of people seem to forget that torque and horsepower range means more than the overall numbers. If your motor is putting out 300ftlbs of torque at 2700 rpm versus 6000rpm that's a big difference. When was the last time you revved up to 6k in the rocks? Diesel JKs would be great.

I'd rather have 300lbs of torque in an area I'm consistently driving opposed to my overdrive passing gear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

A member here had a bad experience with a diesel swap, there. I'm not sure what the problem was, though.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I think GreenMachine's issue was more with Bruiser cruisers practices and if i'm not mistaken that it was not a new engine than the fact that he went Diesel per se. I remember Rattletrap was a twin turbo diesel and that swap looked rather awesome

Top Bottom