Jeep JK Wrangler Stainless Steel Extended Brake Line Installation Write-Up

A.J.

I get that part, however do I leave that bracket on the brake line or is there a way to seperate them w/o prying on the metal or....? And after I get it off where do I run the lines so they don't get caught by the shock or tire while I am turning?
Grant's pass huh? I used to live in Lapine /Bend!

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Pretty much have to pry them apart enough to get off. Then zip tie them however you want. Not really a huge gain like longer lines would be, but the shocks are really the limiting factor anyway. Yup! Big city GP. I was born here and after about 24 years other places decided to move back. Mom and dad have been here all along so it's pretty nice to be closer to family again.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

Big screw driver? Small pry bar? If you can spread it while it is bolted on it will probably be easier. Trying to hold it and pry is pretty tough. Or just leave it alone until you can get longer lines or at least extensions. I have a hard time believing the are holding you up with stock shocks. Just be careful and don't screw up the lines while your tweaking on it. Then you really will have to buy new ones. They are fairly tough though.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kalums

Found a video that 10Frank9 put up, vise grps and a few seconds is all I need, I installed the Evo leveling kit and then a manual disconnect on a Rubicon sway bar. Even with the stock shocks, the line gets a lot tighter than ide prefer. They were tight enough I could get musical notes when plucking the line.... I just installed the JKS brake line relocation brackets but there in NO WAY that with that stock bracket on the spring perch it would give me much more than about an inch.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=31681

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

jpone

Any further tips on front line routing? I ran them similarly to JethroJK image above, and the tire rubbed against the line at full tire turn.

Hastily ran them back in front of shock close to same route as stock, and zip tied to the mounting spot where the original clip was.

Looking for a good photo of a setup where there is no rubbing against front tire when fully cranked.

Thanks!

BigAG

Any pics of the front routing yet by chance. Doi.g this presently and I am rubbing as well at full turn.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, been a LONG time since I've run this setup. If I can find some old pics, I'll be sure to post them up when I get a chance.

jpone

Sorry, been a LONG time since I've run this setup. If I can find some old pics, I'll be sure to post them up when I get a chance.

Photo would be appreciated! Just re-routed around back of shock again because using stock routing seemed like it was limiting the extra length.

Zip tied loosely to back of shock, so they aren't getting pushed backward toward tires. Seems to be working so far.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Photo would be appreciated! Just re-routed around back of shock again because using stock routing seemed like it was limiting the extra length.

Zip tied loosely to back of shock, so they aren't getting pushed backward toward tires. Seems to be working so far.

Here’s an old one I dug up for you. Sorry it’s kind of a shitty picture.

IMG_3597.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

Mine are just like this, not zip tied to anything. Just make sure to spin them to your liking (away from everything) while tightening the flare nut.
IMG_6833.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom