Scratched my new Premium Soft top!!!

NY1982JK

So with the weather getting warmer, a few weeks ago I took the hard top off and put the soft top on. Seeing as my new premuim soft top came with elastic straps to be able to roll up my back window, I thought nothing of it and decided to roll it up.... BIG MISTAKE. As soon as rolled it back down I noticed the window was scuffed all to hell. Mainly were the windown rolled up and rested against the soft top frame.

So this is where I'm at. I would like to find some sort of product to use on the my window to see if I can clear it up. The scratches are pretty significant and I'm sure I wont be able to completely fix it. But I would like to fix as much as possible. Anyone ever had a window refinished or used any sort of compound they would recommend??? I don't have any pics right now as I'm at work, but I'll try and post some when I get home later.

Thanks !

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Best top has a cleaning kit for the top and windows that I have. Took almost all the scuffs I had out. If you go on Quadratec you can see it on there. Also they have a scratch remover kit as well

Sent from my iPhone somewhere over the rainbow

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If your going to wheel your rig just leave it. I have been on one trip in the middle of the desert with my new top and it has some scratches on it. :idontknow: Its the nature of the beast. :thumb:

NY1982JK

If your going to wheel your rig just leave it. I have been on one trip in the middle of the desert with my new top and it has some scratches on it. :idontknow: Its the nature of the beast. :thumb:

I do plan on wheeling it, and I do have a few pin stripes down the side already. But the ones on the rear window are more of long rectangular scuffs about 1"x5" in size. I know it's impossible to completely prevent scratches altogether, but these two spots are really irritating, especially since I've had it on less than a month lol.

NY1982JK

Best top has a cleaning kit for the top and windows that I have. Took almost all the scuffs I had out. If you go on Quadratec you can see it on there. Also they have a scratch remover kit as well

Sent from my iPhone somewhere over the rainbow

Thanks man! Looking at that now.

Markymark420

will remove light scratches and help protect. Not sure of the severity in your case, but if you can find the small bottle (<$10) it can't hurt to try.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
These plastic scratch remover products do work well. I've used them on soft top windows and even on cheap motorcycle windscreens. Depends on how meticulous you are about keeping them clear. I cleaned and polished them 2-3 times a year and was happy with the results. If your top doesn't spend the whole day in the Mohave Desert sun you'll get years of use from the windows. Once scratched though, they'll never be new again, close, but not perfect, and there is a point of no return if you let it go too long. "Wax on, wax off.":thumb:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Same thing happened on my CJ7. Brand new Supertop, rolled the rear window up, and left it for a week of driving. I went to roll it down and it was scratched and scuffed pretty bad. I used the Bestop cleaning kit as mentioned above, worked great to get rid of the scuffs and all but the deepest scratches. I ended up buying a felt lined storage bag to keep the windows in. Hope everything works out for you!!

Willfo

Same thing happened to me :mad:. I just threw the straps out. Figure I would just pull the window all the way out next time. On the same day a rock took chipped the whindshield. All on day 3 of ownership.

Napalm90

Been there, don't really mind the scratches cause knowing the luck I have had lately, I would poke a hole in my window....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom