From one Jeeper to another.. ***Sigh....***

NY1982JK

So I just swung by the Class Six on base to grab some beverages for this weekends festivities when I notice a nice clean charcoal 2dr Sahara. Seeing the empty space next to it I did the only...ummm.. Jeeply??? Thing I could think of at the time and park next to it (Hoping to find the driver and compliment him on his or her fine Jeep). After checking out I'm outside loading up my adult beverages when I'm approached by young Army Lt. I notice he is the driver of the previously mentioned JK. Before I could even think to say anything, he looks over at me and says the two most insulting words I've heard since I got my JK ....... "Nice CAR!!" .......

..... Car? Really? I mean from a Hummer or minivan driver I get it.... But from another JK driver? I felt saddened. Almost defensively, I responded "you too, nice JEEP". I might have placed a little emphasis on the "JEEP" part. He stopped and grinned like he knew he had been caught.

Anyone else have this happen? Idk why but I instantly felt compelled to share this with you guys. Happy Jeepin'!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! It happens and for whatever it's worth, a lot of folks in the industry refer to Jeeps as "cars" all the time even though they know better. But, I hear where you're coming from. What you did with your response was about the best and nicest thing you could have done :yup:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Maybe he'd already been to the "O" Club for a little tune up before stopping at the Class Six.:cheesy:

JK'AJUN

First day I had my Jeep, we went to a local sports bar and I parked next to a Jeep. It was a black 4 door just like mine. So my buddies and I are sitting outside at a table, and a group of guys walk out. Well one notices and says to his friend "Look at that jackass that parked next to yours. I'm about to throw my food in it since it's top is down." I was just kind of like wtf?

Atch

Hasn't happened to me but some of the guys in our club have been asked "is that a hummer?" 😳😡

First day I had my Jeep, we went to a local sports bar and I parked next to a Jeep. It was a black 4 door just like mine. So my buddies and I are sitting outside at a table, and a group of guys walk out. Well one notices and says to his friend "Look at that jackass that parked next to yours. I'm about to throw my food in it since it's top is down." I was just kind of like wtf?

That would have been fun to watch! Lol glad he didn't do anything to your jeep!

munstie

I find it ammusing the people that say" You take your Jeep off road" ,and the looks I get when I tell em that I wheeled it stock.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Bacon

that does bother me, but what really gets me are the ppl who call all suvs/cuvs "Jeeps". Ah, no, you drive a Journey/Rogue/Escape. It is NOT a Jeep. Never has been, never will be.

Top Bottom