Show off your tents

WJCO

Meme King
Any feedback on Hilleberg tents? Looking for a backcountry 3 man tent

Great quality. I know someone who used to sew for them. Unfortunately because of their high quality, they tend to be heavier. A lot of their tents are designed for more extreme weather and have an outer wall, adding more weight but also protection from the elements. If you're not planning on winter mountaineering, there are many other quality brands that are lighter and will be just fine for Backcountry use.

And, yes, they test the shit out of their tents:

Zstairlessone

Great quality. I know someone who used to sew for them. Unfortunately because of their high quality, they tend to be heavier. A lot of their tents are designed for more extreme weather and have an outer wall, adding more weight but also protection from the elements. If you're not planning on winter mountaineering, there are many other quality brands that are lighter and will be just fine for Backcountry use. And, yes, they test the shit out of their tents: Video Link: https://youtu.be/3eFAyKMz314

DAYUMN!!

That's how you sell a product, and Surf music to boot.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
No pic but my Ionosphere single man tent is awesome. Paired with my e.c.w.s. sleeping bag it's a light, functional, rugged diverse combo that's lightweight and sturdy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
the one i've been using for a few yrs now is just a cheap old Ozark trails tent picked it up for like $20 at wally world about 7-8 yrs ago just a little 2 person one and its done me just fine weighs like 3-4 # so can backpack with it although most times I do that I just carry a tarp instead , my other one is the same brand had it a bit longer and its 5-6 person model that I can stand up in just wanted something a bit smaller since a lot of times I am solo ..... DSC_2602.jpg DSC_9221.jpg

Mizippi

We do a lot of tent camping and recently purchased a Coleman 8 person instant tent off Amazon. It's an new in box old model from like 2011, but absolutely the best tent I have ever had. It's a 150D material, which is twice as thick, taped seams from the factory and does not need a rain fly and lot's of ventilation. Look for the single hub 10X14.

I have this one as well. Zero complaints.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I think it'd be helpful to hear some of the things people don't like about their tents too. No tent is perfect.

It is cool to see tents people have had for 10-20 years though. That speaks volumes about how well made they are.

kcdee00

IMG_0664.JPG IMG_0821.JPG

I got the Ozark Trail 10x20 tent for my family. We called for 4 nights in it and it's the first large tent I have had and is huuuuge. I can tell you it rained pretty hard on us one night and we were completely dry. It only took a few minutes to setup too! It's nice having the room to stand and do whatever

I have used the Coleman with the full fly for a few years and it is a good tent to use in winter because of the fly.

DKronk42

This and you can probably release a JK clutch without your knee touching your ear! I'm 5'11" and can't imagine how tall guys drive a manual JK. I twist myself into a pretzel with every shift! I hate that the clutch is so high!
I'm 6'4" and drove a manual 2 door for 4 years, needless to say when I went to the 4 door I got an automatic haha

Top Bottom