ARB High Output On-Board Air Compressor Under the Hood JK Installation Write-Up

Frydaddy

Closest/easiest location to wire these into?
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well the blue/white is dash illumination. Theres a pod of lights down by the footwell, one LED turns on with the door, the other one comes on with the dash lights.

The Red/yellow is Ignition, or ACC. I dont like doing this, but just tap it into the left cigarette lighter, it comes on with the key.

Frydaddy

Couldn't find a direct answer. But everyone was saying for climate control.
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SENSOR. Temperature Cabin Air.
Stock Code 55111178AC
Description: SENSOR. Temperature Cabin Air. . "Instrument Panel Parts Module"+"Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control".

sensor atc.jpg

Ah, temp sensor for those fancy jeeps.

BVPE

ARB twin under seat comments....

I bought the Teraflex mount to position the twin compressor under the passenger seat on my 2016 JKUR HR. I also looked at the Carolina Metal Master mount. They both position the compressor suspended from the mount with the compressor into the carpet. Once I mounted the compressor to the seat and put the seat back into the jeep, I was surprised about how much of each compressor was in contact with the floor carpet. Seems to me that air flow around the compressor should be important. There is plenty of room between the top of the mount and the underside of the seat. I decided to buy a mount from Innovative JK products which orients the compressor so the mount is between the carpet and the compressor and the compressor faces up. This allows plenty of room for air to pass around the compressor. I am not running air lockers and I plan on mounting the ARB switch to the seat frame without illumination (no blue wire with white stripe hook up). I can then open the passenger door, plug in my quick disconnect ARB air line and flip the ARB switch.

My two cents.

WJCO

Meme King
I bought the Teraflex mount to position the twin compressor under the passenger seat on my 2016 JKUR HR. I also looked at the Carolina Metal Master mount. They both position the compressor suspended from the mount with the compressor into the carpet. Once I mounted the compressor to the seat and put the seat back into the jeep, I was surprised about how much of each compressor was in contact with the floor carpet. Seems to me that air flow around the compressor should be important. There is plenty of room between the top of the mount and the underside of the seat. I decided to buy a mount from Innovative JK products which orients the compressor so the mount is between the carpet and the compressor and the compressor faces up. This allows plenty of room for air to pass around the compressor. I am not running air lockers and I plan on mounting the ARB switch to the seat frame without illumination (no blue wire with white stripe hook up). I can then open the passenger door, plug in my quick disconnect ARB air line and flip the ARB switch.

My two cents.

Welcome to Wayalife.

matthewd5

My two cents.

Nice write up, so there's no way in hell to put a twin compressor under the hood?

I've got the larger single and it just doesn't air up fast enough with 37's

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Nice write up, so there's no way in hell to put a twin compressor under the hood?

I've got the larger single and it just doesn't air up fast enough with 37's

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

There's lots of ways to put a twin ARB under the hood. MORE, metalcloak, EVO, and i think others make a bracket for it.

Top Bottom