Dana 44 front chromoly axle shafts

Moochie

I would've done the same, I'll only regret if I ever have a problem with future ARB Locker. Then again it was only a few more thousand on top of everything else!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

In the long run, It probably wont make that much of a difference. :)

JAGS

Hooked
If you order the PR44 that can use an E-locker be warned that when it comes time to switch to an ARB locker you will have to use the ARB locker that fits in the stock 44 housing. This is a different locker than the one that is used in the PR44, built for an ARB. The ARB locker that is used in the stock 44 housing is not as strong as the locker used in the PR44, built for an ARB.

It's somewhat confusing. This is one of the reasons I decided to go with the new internals in mine.

What's the determining factor for various ARBs? Stock 44 ARB strong enough for 37s.

Or big difference in the upgraded ARB when running 37s? Anything to do with gears/axle shafts, etc?

Obviously some novice questions, but these are not answered in any brochure.

I am going to hi-jack with a Dynatrak PR44 question for ORE website. What is the difference between the unlimited, extreme duty and unlimited + extreem duty? This hurts my head.

R/
Will

Paisano

I am going to hi-jack with a Dynatrak PR44 question for ORE website. What is the difference between the unlimited, extreme duty and unlimited + extreem duty? This hurts my head.

R/
Will

My head hurts... I believe unlimited is thicker tube walls and extreme duty has to do with pinion angle for vehicles with more lift. But you probably will want to verify all this as I have a foggy memory.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moochie

What's the determining factor for various ARBs? Stock 44 ARB strong enough for 37s.

Or big difference in the upgraded ARB when running 37s? Anything to do with gears/axle shafts, etc?

Obviously some novice questions, but these are not answered in any brochure.

I'm sure the ARB lockers will have no problems with 37's. Gear ratio makes a difference on the locker model #. I called Dynatrac and talked to Steve to get some questions answered.

MTG

Caught the Bug
As they say...a thousand here and a thousand there, pretty soon you are talking about "real" money. :crazyeyes:

Moochie

R/
Will

The unlimited option means it has caster adjustment built in for 3" lifts and above, to help with driveline angle/vibrations.
Extreme duty is an upgraded 1/2" thick tube.

The unlimited option means it has caster adjustment built in for 3" lifts and above, to help with driveline angle/vibrations.
Extreme duty is an upgraded 1/2" thick tube.

Moochie,

Thank you for the info. I have a feeling my son is not going to college as long as I have a Jeep (Just Empty Every Pocket).

JK's JK

Banned
I was looking into buying some shafts, gears and some other things for the factory 44. So I decided to call up Dynotrac asking about there Prorock dana 44. The guy that I talked to said the factory locker tends to stop working or get broken over time which is a 1600 to buy new. Now my question, how often have you guys seen this break? I was wanting to buy the shafts and gears and swap them over, which does not sound like its going to happen. The ARB takes a 35 spline and the factory is 30 spline. I gues it all comes down to money!!!!!!!

I guess I'm just venting about the fact I would have to spend more money in the end if I dont go with Prorock now and found I f'ed up my stock dana:grayno: The guy did say I could sell my factory 44 for some good money.

**Edit**

How much are used factory 44 going for these days? Without the breaks and knuckle?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've gone through 3 factory lockers before finally giving up on them. They stop working properly very easily when running large tires. What you can sell what you have depends on it's condition. Maybe $1200 or more if it's really nice.

JK's JK

Banned
I'm assuming that a Electric locker for the rear and a air locker for the front wont conflict?

So If i swich out my front to ARB and keep the electric locker for the front it will run ok.

Top Bottom