One week in California: San Francisco e Los Angeles

Guascone

The next Saturday 19th I will leave from Italy for a week of holidays in California!
I’m so excited!!! ...this is my first time in San Francisco! I didn’t plan too many activities there because I would like to decide what to do day by day.
I only planned to take a flight to Los Angeles in order to visit Off Road Evolution ( on 24th)...:)

After the visit to ORE I will have one night in LA and one morning.
I booked an hotel in Anaheim but I don’t know where to go for dinner...any suggestion?
The morning after my idea is to spend my hours before the flight ( at 3PM) in Santa Monica. Also in this case do you have something to suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Santa Monica pier is fun, especially if you have kids. Maybe also skip Santa Monica and check out Venice Beach instead. A more “colorful” SoCal experience.

For San Francisco, take the ferry to Sausalito. It’s a cheap and great way to see the city, Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz for cheap. Sausalito is a fun little town with some nice restaurants.

Thunder

The next Saturday 19th I will leave from Italy for a week of holidays in California!
I’m so excited!!! ...this is my first time in San Francisco! I didn’t plan too many activities there because I would like to decide what to do day by day.
I only planned to take a flight to Los Angeles in order to visit Off Road Evolution ( on 24th)...:)

After the visit to ORE I will have one night in LA and one morning.
I booked an hotel in Anaheim but I don’t know where to go for dinner...any suggestion?
The morning after my idea is to spend my hours before the flight ( at 3PM) in Santa Monica. Also in this case do you have something to suggest?

Orange Hill Restaurant is a fun experience. Great view of Orange County. Cool if you happen to catch the Disney fireworks off in the distance.
6410 E Chapman Ave, Orange, CA 92869

I 2nd Venice Beach over Santa Monica too. Unless you have young children. Then Santa Monica Pier might be better.

Enjoy your trip!

Last edited:

Guascone

Thanks guys! For this trip I will be alone...my wife has to work in San Francisco and my child will stay in Italy with the grandmother. In my life I have been just one week in NY and only few hours in Philadelphia...I would like to taste the real SoCal lifestyle :)

Guascone

...just one thing...if I will buy some spare parts in LA (ball joint kit), can I put them on my hand luggage and bring it with me on the flight to SF or should I load them as hold luggage? I will flight with Delta airlines .

Thanks!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
...just one thing...if I will buy some spare parts in LA (ball joint kit), can I put them on my hand luggage and bring it with me on the flight to SF or should I load them as hold luggage? I will flight with Delta airlines .

Thanks!

You'll probably want to put in your checked luggage.

Guascone

Hi guys, the next Wednesday I will arrive il LA from SF. Honestly I don’t now how can I go to ORE...

Someone of you could suggest me the best transfer solution? I never driven in USA and I don’t know how complicate it is the road...but I can rent also a car if it is the best solution...

Thanks a lot!

TrailHunter

Hooked
Hi guys, the next Wednesday I will arrive il LA from SF. Honestly I don’t now how can I go to ORE...

Someone of you could suggest me the best transfer solution? I never driven in USA and I don’t know how complicate it is the road...but I can rent also a car if it is the best solution...

Thanks a lot!

Type the address in your Iphone Map App. Select “Get Directions”... Hit the “Go” button.... then do what your phone says.

Guascone

Type the address in your Iphone Map App. Select “Get Directions”... Hit the “Go” button.... then do what your phone says.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I never been in US and I don’t now how chaotic it could be the traffic or the public transportation...I saw that the car rental are very cheap instead of the taxi service and also the buses...

If you ask me if I suggest you to rent a car in Rome or use the public transportation I will strongly recommend the second solution due to the crazy traffic that there is there...

TrailHunter

Hooked

I never been in US and I don’t now how chaotic it could be the traffic or the public transportation...I saw that the car rental are very cheap instead of the taxi service and also the buses...

If you ask me if I suggest you to rent a car in Rome or use the public transportation I will strongly recommend the second solution due to the crazy traffic that there is there...

I would rent a car and use a Map App. Thats just me. Freedom to go when & where you want. Think of driving in LA like a Jeep trail... except your obstacles are Pot Heads & Priuses.

jesse3638

Hooked

In SoCal and most US metro areas SF included traffic isn't necessarily chaotic it's just there is a lot of it. It can take over an hour to travel just a few miles at certain times of the day. People here are always in a hurry and do tend to drive aggressively. Having never driven in any other country besides the US I hear despite it all it is still more organized than a lot of countries. If you're used to chaos you'll probably do just fine just plan ahead and give yourself lots of extra time. If I lived down near where you are staying I'd offer to be your tour guide..haha. Slavens lives close to there and is always looking for a new drinking buddy. Perhaps you can sophisticate him and teach him about wine...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys! I will go ahead wit the rental car...

If you are primarily staying in cities, then consider Lyft or Uber instead. Having a car in SF is going to suck big time. Parking is a hassle and is expensive. I use Lyft for business travel now and it’s awesome. Request a car and it shows up in five minutes. The cost is fairly inexpensive if your time is worth anything and you avoid expensive parking fees.

black pearl

Hooked
Thanks guys! I will go ahead wit the rental car...

If you are primarily staying in cities, then consider Lyft or Uber instead. Having a car in SF is going to suck big time. Parking is a hassle and is expensive. I use Lyft for business travel now and it’s awesome. Request a car and it shows up in five minutes. The cost is fairly inexpensive if your time is worth anything and you avoid expensive parking fees.

I don't live far from San Francisco, every time I go I try and ditch my vehicle someplace for the day. Parking on the street is almost impossible in most parts of the city and garages can be expensive. And like LA everyone is in a hurry on narrow packed streets.
The cable cars are fun to ride. The bus system is pretty good, but a car is nice to get out of the city to see some surrounding areas

Guascone

In San Francisco for sure I will move buy public transportation...I have the hotel in the city center (union square) so I don’t think I will need the car...

If your schedule permits I would drive down the coast from San Francisco to Santa Cruz and really experience the California coastline!

Guascone

It would be great! Unfortunately I don’t have enough time to do it...

San Francisco is amazing! Up to now I visited most of the city center, ocean beach, Sausalito and the fishermen worf...very nice!!!
Today I will visit the Japanese garden and tomorrow I will flight to LA. I’m very happy!!! [emoji3]

Top Bottom