Recent Shooting and Discussion

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Honestly guys gun control won't do crap. Guns are illegal in Mexico and look at their crime rate. Drugs are illegal here and hell, look at the drug problem we have. Gun control isn't going to do anything but piss off people that already have that have that kill attitude

My build thread:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50012-2013-dozer-jkur-build-thread

Actually that isn’t true at all. Once again you give horrible information. Stick to the angry eyes grilles.

A common misconception is that firearms are illegal in Mexico and that no person may possess them. This belief originates due the general perception that only members of law enforcement, the armed forces, or those in armed security protection are authorized to have them. While it is true that Mexico possesses strict gun laws, where most types and calibers are reserved to military and law enforcement, the acquisition and ownership of certain firearms and ammunition remains a constitutional right to all Mexican citizens and foreign legal residents; given the requirements and conditions to exercise such right are fulfilled in accordance to the law.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Maineiac

Yea the ball was dropped big time on this situation. Anyone with violent history or even threatened violence should need a psych evaluation to purchase or even be allowed to keep firearms. Until society figures out a way to control the nut jobs again.

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Yea the ball was dropped big time on this situation. Anyone with violent history or even threatened violence should need a psych evaluation to purchase or even be allowed to keep firearms. Until society figures out a way to control the nut jobs again.

When we're the nut jobs controlled in the first place?

Parks34

Exactly. For every 1 shooter there's probably 1000000 responsible gun owners. It's not the tool, it's the tool of a retard holding it.

My build thread:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50012-2013-dozer-jkur-build-thread

Maineiac

When all the psych wards were in use and packed. Too bad the government shut them down years ago. Too many of these shooters should have been in those wards instead of mixed in with society.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I think folks are asking the wrong question. I’ve always operated under this mantra - when the problem is well defined, the solution becomes obvious. We’re here talking about “mass shootings” as if they are a large contributor to death in this country.

Simply put they are not. More people die from opioid overdoses. Where’s Jimmy Kimmel (or anyone else for that matter) on this?

Are we looking to stop mass shootings or are we looking to save as many lives from a senseless and perhaps preventable death?

Until we can focus on the ACTUAL problem we are really trying to solve “actions” AND “words” will be utterly useless.

You wanna save as many innocent lives as possible? Find out what’s killing the most people and start there. Here’s a hint - deaths caused by an AR-15 compared to other methods are a rounding error.

JAGS

Hooked
I think folks are asking the wrong question. I’ve always operated under this mantra - when the problem is well defined, the solution becomes obvious. We’re here talking about “mass shootings” as if they are a large contributor to death in this country.

Simply put they are not. More people die from opioid overdoses. Where’s Jimmy Kimmel (or anyone else for that matter) on this?

Are we looking to stop mass shootings or are we looking to save as many lives from a senseless and perhaps preventable death?

Until we can focus on the ACTUAL problem we are really trying to solve “actions” AND “words” will be utterly useless.

You wanna save as many innocent lives as possible? Find out what’s killing the most people and start there. Here’s a hint - deaths caused by an AR-15 compared to other methods are a rounding error.

You are not wrong. But we have a completely dismissive government. Nearly every rational person has mentioned all these issues.

But until you get big pharma, NRA and other corp lobbyists out of washingtons pockets, it doesn't matter what the people want. Billions will always be louder than voices.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
You are not wrong. But we have a completely dismissive government. Nearly every rational person has mentioned all these issues.

But until you get big pharma, NRA and other corp lobbyists out of washingtons pockets, it doesn't matter what the people want. Billions will always be louder than voices.

This is true. Which is why I have a problem with people infringing on my rights under some false pretense of “it’s for the children”. It’s not for anything other than political gain. As we all know, even if we banned them all together we’d still have a “gun” problem.

JAGS

Hooked
This is true. Which is why I have a problem with people infringing on my rights under some false pretense of “it’s for the children”. It’s not for anything other than political gain. As we all know, even if we banned them all together we’d still have a “gun” problem.

I don't think gun control folks in Washington are getting NRA kick backs. But they are nearly all working for one cause or another.

I'm not a proponent of banning guns. Makes no sense. But other things do make sense.

Top Bottom