Et Tu, Brute?...Part Deux

WJCO

Meme King
I'm replacing the Currie anti rock front sway bar with a more traditional sway bar with quick disco's...I no longer have the original Rubicon electronic disconnect...suggestions?

If you don't go with a Rubi sway bar, JKS is likely the best option for quick disconnects.

Exodus 4x4

Can you post a couple pics of SwayLoc on your JK?...Any install concerns?

I’ll ask around and see if anyone took any last time out. I’m terrible at taking pics when I’m wheeling. I honestly couldn’t see it limiting the DTD at all.

Installation isn’t bad. Their instructions are a little too thorough and should be dumbed down a little.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
You could try offering up your Currie as a trade.

Not sure I'd do that to someone...after snapping off the retaining bolt on the driver side antirock on my JK6 coming down the Chute on Flat Iron Mesa during EJS, I'm not real crazy about them...someone can have them for free if they really want them...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie...please add your two cents...

Not a fan of Swayloc. Ran one on my TJ back in the day and while it’s a great idea, I still wasn’t thrilled about how much resistance the softer sway bar still had. I should also note that I eventually ended up breaking the sway bar just past the splines.

If it were me, I would find and run a Rubicon e-disco even if it’s with the EVO no-limits knob. It’s what I still run on Moby now.

Just my 2 cents

boardsurfer

I could also get an oem rubi sway bar and go the EVO route...

This is what I run and I see no need to change it at all. It is pretty much fool-proof, and only takes a few seconds to engage or disengage. You could go with the air actuator, but that's just fiddly bits that seem unnecessary to me.

Brute

Hooked
Not a fan of Swayloc. Ran one on my TJ back in the day and while it’s a great idea, I still wasn’t thrilled about how much resistance the softer sway bar still had. I should also note that I eventually ended up breaking the sway bar just past the splines.

If it were me, I would find and run a Rubicon e-disco even if it’s with the EVO no-limits knob. It’s what I still run on Moby now.

Just my 2 cents

This is what I run and I see no need to change it at all. It is pretty much fool-proof, and only takes a few seconds to engage or disengage. You could go with the air actuator, but that's just fiddly bits that seem unnecessary to me.

Roger that...I've decided to reinstall an oem Rubi e-disco...

Brute

Hooked
brute grill 1.jpg

Face lift...unfortunately, still waiting on Dynatrac to finish the axles that were ordered in May...

Brute

Hooked
W Lake 1.jpg

Took a little cruise on the Olympic Peninsula to find a new campsite...I was checking out Wynoochee Lake...

Top Bottom