CONCRETE ARROW QUEST : Search for Transcontinental Airway Beacons - Part 12

jesse3638

Hooked
As always great find. It's great you take the time to document and give the back story of each place you visit (not just the arrows). It truly feels like we're all along for the adventure. Thanks for sharing!

aTX427

That is so cool. I never knew we of such a thing. Incredible photos as well. Thanks for sharing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone, I'm glad to hear you guys enjoy stuff like this :)

11 more Eddie you can do it greats pics ultimate scavenger hunt

LOL!! Working on it and yes, it's been a hell of a scavenger hunt :cool:

Amazing shots and story! Its so cool to know these things are out there. One day ill stumble across them

You know, there's one west of Reno up by Mogul but you do have to hike to it. :yup:

Great pics. Seems just the concrete slabs in this location. Cool you were able to locate and document.

That's all there is for most of them. The ones with towers are really rare and more times than not, the ones still standing don't have an arrow with it.

I never fail to learn something in every single one of your posts! Great info and shots!

LOL!! I'm glad to hear it :cool:

I've always wanted to go and check these out. This the one by Golconda?

While there is one out there, this is not that one.

its so much fun to explore! This one is especially cool because of the changing direction. :thumb:

Good find! It's cool how it tells them to turn.

Yeah, the ones that have a course correction or have a unique feature of some kind are my favorite ones. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As always great find. It's great you take the time to document and give the back story of each place you visit (not just the arrows). It truly feels like we're all along for the adventure. Thanks for sharing!

So glad to hear it. :cool:

That's great. Love that Google Earth has it.

It's ultimately how I found this one. It's tough because I know of several arrow that for sure exist but they're near impossible to see on Google Earth due to them blending in the landscape or being over grown with brush.

Jackal01

Good things. These things are awesome.

There are a couple dozen I plan to hit after the upcoming Texas Exodus trip between Wyoming and Texas. Luckily most of them are on our exact route on the return trip to Houston.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Too cool! The Google earth image kind of puts you in the perspective of a pilot and how they might have seen it.

Jeep Reloaded

I learn something every time I visit this site. This was an unexpected find this morning over coffee. Thanks Eddie!

Howdy from Texas!
'76 CJ-5 V8 Renegade (grey Levi's), retired.
'14 JK Sport 2DR (Black), weekend fun.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good things. These things are awesome.

There are a couple dozen I plan to hit after the upcoming Texas Exodus trip between Wyoming and Texas. Luckily most of them are on our exact route on the return trip to Houston.

There are some good ones in Wyoming for sure.

Too cool! The Google earth image kind of puts you in the perspective of a pilot and how they might have seen it.

Oh yeah, it's fun when you're the 3D mode as you can fly over the arrows like you were in a plane. :yup:

I learn something every time I visit this site. This was an unexpected find this morning over coffee. Thanks Eddie!

Awesome, glad to hear it :cool:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I think this arrow is the best yet. You found it the same way pilots of the day did, "It should be right about here." Nice!

Top Bottom