The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

JKbrick

So after living in the mountains for just a few short weeks, regearing is definitely on my short list! Financially, we will be sticking with 35s and the stock d30 longer then anticipated (fly fishing and ski passes are in place of the pro rock and 37s :crazyeyes:).

Also, after running the national forest trails we will definitely be replacing those crappy RC shocks and control arms... terrible ride quality! :shock:

So here is the short list:

1) 4.88s! (also new axle seals)
2) c-gussets (maybe some ball joints)
3) shocks (maybe Ranchos, hopefully Kings)
4) evo long arm kit

Seems like someone has a set of kings for sale here but I don’t recall who it is
Edit, it’s Hinrichs in the for sale thread

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Axle seals are not included. However, either front or rear, this is the best time to do it as the labor is only slightly extra. Maybe an hour additional labor for each axle at shop rate.

On the front, only the seals are needed. On the rear, you will need a new seal, new axle bearing, and new bearing retainer because the bearing and retainer have to be cut off to get to the seal.

That’s what I was hoping to hear about the labor. Right now, it is just the front that leaking so I’ll probably just have them change those seals.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Just ordered 4.88 revolution gears and evo c gussets from Exodus Jeeps! I can’t wait to have some power back instead of holding up traffic when driving these mountain roads [emoji23]

Jsouder53

Hooked
And now just ordered some Rancho RS9000XL shocks from Exodus Jeeps!

Phasing out the rough ride of the Rough Country suspension [emoji23]

Last edited:

Nespoli1

Just I stalled 4.88 and I have the rancho 9000. I can’t believe I waited that long to regear from 3.73. I average not around town 17-18 mpg. I am a bit light on the gas peddle as I have a Dana 30 but I added Cs and sleeves. It’s fun to drive again.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Congrats on the new purchases. Waiting is the hard part!

Thanks! And it absolutely it!!! I don’t know why I waited to regear in the first place lol the shocks I just realized are terrible while driving on these forest roads

I have to admit I chuckle thinking about your new place how the heck you get the internet. I imagine a cable running out a window up a tree to an antenna and tin foil involved somehow!

Hahahaha we are currently just using our phones, we surprisingly have great service. Any further in the mountains we completely lose it.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Thanks to the help of Bubba at Exodus Jeeps, we just got in our 4.88s! Can’t wait to have them installed, just need to replenish the account first lol C -gussets came earlier this week and shocks are still at the post office, got there 10 minutes after closing today... they have the worst hours, 8am - 4:30pm same hours I work [emoji849] unless I get off early. Image1531365873.704622.jpg

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
What is the easiest way to figure out bumpstop size needed?

One thing that I just realized I’ll be needing to do is bumpstops... with the RC shocks, they were internal on the shocks so I never had to mess with them.

Top Bottom