• Saturday June 9th , 2018

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Saturday August 4, 2018

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Brute

Hooked
Dan, I am so sorry for your loss.

My wife and I will still plan to attend the trip, and appreciate everyone who stepped up to continue it.

If there's anything we can do for Dan when we get across the country, please don't hesitate to message or ask.

Are you driving all the way from Maryland to run the Rubicon?...that's a decent drive.

Buster3479

Are you driving all the way from Maryland to run the Rubicon?...that's a decent drive.

I'm figuring 5 days (towing) across the country.

Maryland to Rubicon
Down day.
Run the Rubicon trail with the group over 3 days.
Run Fordyce - booked for Thursday
2 days travel to meet the Exodus crew in Ouray
Run Ouray with the Exodus group
Run Moab with the Exodus group
Down time (x days)
Head back to Maryland.

I'm already exhausted thinking about it! Epic adventure though.

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked

Maryland to Rubicon
Down day.
Down time (x days)
Head back to Maryland.

Holy Smokes! You better pack the extra large bottle of Alleve...that's a lot of seat time. Are you towing with truck or RV?

A.J.

Maryland to Rubicon
Down day.
Down time (x days)
Head back to Maryland.

Damn! That is an ambitious schedule! Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked

Maryland to Rubicon
Down day.
Down time (x days)
Head back to Maryland.

That sounds like quite a haul and a lot of fun.

Buster3479

Plan is the pickup, stopping at hotel rooms on the way.

Bucket list trip for me. My wife and I had it planned last year (minus Fordyce), but our rig wasn't high speed driveable. This year, the only thing that has potential to stop the trip is work related. If a specific project requires, I might not be able to take the time off I've been banking for 2 years this fall.

Last edited:
Hello, All

I want to thank each and every one of you for the condolences and kind words it means a lot to me and you guys are considered all one big family to me, i was really looking forward to this trip and the unexpected happen at this time, i'm currently waiting on the coroner and the Sheriff department and will have more details then i will keep everyone updated as soon as possible.

Brute

Hooked
Hello, All

I want to thank each and every one of you for the condolences and kind words it means a lot to me and you guys are considered all one big family to me, i was really looking forward to this trip and the unexpected happen at this time, i'm currently waiting on the coroner and the Sheriff department and will have more details then i will keep everyone updated as soon as possible.

Dan, as we have said before...please don't hesitate to reach out for anything you might need. I am still hopeful that you will find the time to join us...a hui hou.

jkjourneys

Spending one night?

I really want to do this run with everyone. However it's hard to pull myself out of a family vacation in Tahoe for 3 days. Is anyone in the group trying to complete the trail in 2 days?

Brute

Hooked
I've only run this trail twice before, and camped three nights...this time, due to time constraints for some running Fordyce Thursday, we will be camping two nights. You could take a chance and hook up with another group heading out after we make Buck Lake and try to make it out in two days...but that's not a given. This area is beautiful, and camping is part of enjoying this run

jkjourneys

I've only run this trail twice before, and camped three nights...this time, due to time constraints for some running Fordyce Thursday, we will be camping two nights. You could take a chance and hook up with another group heading out after we make Buck Lake and try to make it out in two days...but that's not a given. This area is beautiful, and camping is part of enjoying this run

Thanks. Hopefully I can hook up with another group to head out. We are spending 10 days in Tahoe as we do every year. I just can't leave my wife and kids stranding for 3 days without a car.

jkjourneys

You can't bring them? Don't kids love camping?

They do love camping. My wife and kids don't quite share my enthusiasm for Jeeping. They will be camping with the rest of our family at Camp Richardson. This is a pick your battles moment. I can get a 1 night pass and get to go on the Rubicon with some cool jeep people or nothing.

Top Bottom