LS swap into a 97 TJ

WJCO

Meme King
Engine masters did a dyno test on headers. What they found, YouTube if you wanna watch, is you can beat the living shit out of a header without hurting its performance. So use a BFH and adjust it til it fits.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Looks like a grinder could address both of those issues without affecting structure. But when you torque the motor while accelerating, it may hit worse.
I agree. A little grinding and I'll be happy. Kind of weird the difference on the sides though. Cheap Amazon headers will do that though. I'd rather pay 100$ and have to work to make them for rather than pay 500 from Novak and maybe have them fit perfect.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Finally getting her all put back together. I got the exhaust manifold on and the passenger side fender on. Now I can mount up the fuse box and my small power distribution center and get the last of my wiring run, wrapped, and sealed up. The engine running isn't too far off but I still need to tap the return line into the gas tank. IMG_20180809_161736%7E2.jpg IMG_20180809_161740%7E2.jpg IMG_20180809_162648%7E2.jpg IMG_20180809_162655%7E2.jpg IMG_20180809_175721%7E2.jpg IMG_20180809_175724%7E2.jpg

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Are gas lines double flare like brake lines?

I think fuel is technically a bubble flare, but I'm only flaring it so I can push on high pressure fuel hose to go from the Hardline on the frame to the fitting on the tank, and to the fitting on the fuel rail. I was originally just going to go with the single flare for the end of the line but decided to go with double flare just to make it a little more for the hose to grab onto.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
This thing has to be close. What's next?
Once the gauges come in I can put the dash together. Then I get to turn the key and see what happens 🤞after that it's just driveshafts and exhaust but those are easy. It's a money issue. Little bits at a time. I can't actually order the gauges until payday hits Friday.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g6h1vI4Xv0

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE!!!! It up.

Maybe tonight 🤷. Couple things to wrap up. I'm getting the dash put back on today and making sure all the connections there are good. I'm also wrapping up the power steering lines so when o start the engine the fluid doesn't spray everywhere. I picked up some more coolsnt, some gear oil for the tranny, some stuff for the power steering lines and some wire loom so I can clean up the engine bay a little.

Top Bottom