Random Photos

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Speedy_RCW 's photo reminded me of my recent interactions with this buck around the Bend, OR area (Sun River).

He would come by each morning looking for food. The locals, or vacationers, must feed the deer because he was not shy, and even wondered on the deck, less than 5 feet away from me.

FB_IMG_1532562931439_zpsqehalz4o.jpg

That’s funny, I took that picture from my deck in Sunriver this morning. Saw a big 4x4 across the street yesterday. Been awhile since I’ve seen bucks in Sunriver. Usually just does and fawns. But yea, they’re super tame here. This doe was just chillin while my son was squeaking at it from the deck.

IMG_4063.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Discount Tire

That’s funny, I took that picture from my deck in Sunriver this morning. Saw a big 4x4 across the street yesterday. Been awhile since I’ve seen bucks in Sunriver. Usually just does and fawns. But yea, they’re super tame here. This doe was just chillin while my son was squeaking at it from the deck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's ironic!

When I was there a couple weeks ago we saw two different bucks. We stayed just off of E Cascade and McNary LN (circle 9) in a house that backed up to the east, so it was all forest behind us.

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Speedy_RCW 's photo reminded me of my recent interactions with this buck around the Bend, OR area (Sun River).

He would come by each morning looking for food. The locals, or vacationers, must feed the deer because he was not shy, and even wondered on the deck, less than 5 feet away from me.

FB_IMG_1532562931439_zpsqehalz4o.jpg

People feeding deer are not doing them a favor...come fall, that's a dead deer...

prionic1

People feeding deer are not doing them a favor...come fall, that's a dead deer...

I would typically agree on that point, but looking at that photo alone... THAT deer in particular looks like he's figured out a pretty decent gig just judging by the rack he's got. If the human feeding thing is something he's recently stumbled upon, then yeah... he's up for a harsh several months ahead if he thinks that's the ticket.

Discount Tire

I would typically agree on that point, but looking at that photo alone... THAT deer in particular looks like he's figured out a pretty decent gig just judging by the rack he's got. If the human feeding thing is something he's recently stumbled upon, then yeah... he's up for a harsh several months ahead if he thinks that's the ticket.

I'm just assuming they are fed based on the behavior I witnessed.

duktrx

Trust me some idiots do indeed feed them year round, it's a point of contention, both the Sunriver & Black Butte HOA's have covenants to discourage the behavior, but difficult to police.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom