SoCal Group

rubiDave

Its definitely fun in a stocker.... but I’m kinda tired of hitting everything in my path... I noticed a vibration yesterday and its my Skid touching the exhaust because it got caved in. So I gotta pull it off, heat it up and pound it out. My stabilizer shock is smashed on the bottom... (not even sure if its functional now) and I think my drag link might be bent a little. Not saying this stuff wont happen when I’m lifted w/ 35’s..... but it should lessen the damage a little. [emoji51]
Kirk, I'm curious what skid you have. I have the Rock Hard oilpan / tranny skid. It got bashed in on passenger side and the exhaust crossover vibrates on it now slightly. Last time out it bashed in on the driver side to the exhaust loop - I hammered that one out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Kirk, I'm curious what skid you have. I have the Rock Hard oilpan / tranny skid. It got bashed in on passenger side and the exhaust crossover vibrates on it now slightly. Last time out it bashed in on the driver side to the exhaust loop - I hammered that one out.

Same... Rock Hard. Seems they may need another brace to prevent the skid from bending into the exhaust..

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Yeah, just saw this. Unfortunately I have an appointment this afternoon, otherwise I'd be there. I'm heading out next Wed. or Thurs. to Monache for my hunting trip. Maybe mid Oct. we can set up some weekday trips.

I'm planning a Moab trip in November. There'll be lots of trips coming up

rubiDave

Heading up to Monache on Saturday for camping and fishing by the kern river

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Do you know that the road is closed for construction between Kennedy Meadows and Fish creek campground?
I usually take Nine mile canyon from the 395, but am going to have to take the long route on Sherman pass from the west. I heard there might be a bypass around the construction, but only open a few hours at night. Best to call the Blackrock ranger station before heading out.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Do you know that the road is closed for construction between Kennedy Meadows and Fish creek campground?
I usually take Nine mile canyon from the 395, but am going to have to take the long route on Sherman pass from the west. I heard there might be a bypass around the construction, but only open a few hours at night. Best to call the Blackrock ranger station before heading out.

Do you think faster from LA to take the west route to Black rock or to take bypass listed ? I’ve never been . This is going to make the one night trip a lot longer

rubiDave

Do you think faster from LA to take the west route to Black rock or to take bypass listed ? I’ve never been . This is going to make the one night trip a lot longer

I haven't called to find out exactly where the bypass is so I don't know. From that FB post it is apparently a pain in the ass route, and only open at night. My plan is to approach from Kernville - about an hour longer drive.

jesse3638

Hooked
Well had a good time tooling through Stoddard Valley today on our way to the Slash X. Google Maps is good at identifying trail locations but can't give you trail conditions..haha. We made a stop at RZ spring and worked our way east from there. All said we did 55 miles and 46 of those were all off pavement. Have to come clean, I lied it's 2 miles from my house to the dirt. Also its hard to see fences on Google Maps so that made things interesting...haha. Hope to do it again, anyone is welcome to join.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Sounds like a nice day. It's so nice when the trail is close to home... Most of the time it a 3 hour drive just to get to the trail head. That's the way MJT is for me, 15 minutes away..

Skylar the jku

Pilot Rock Trail

I am running Pilot Rock Sunday. Will be arriving at the trail head at about 8:30. Anyone interested can come. Just joined this forum a couple weeks ago, looking for people to go wheeling with.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I haven't called to find out exactly where the bypass is so I don't know. From that FB post it is apparently a pain in the ass route, and only open at night. My plan is to approach from Kernville - about an hour longer drive.

Thanks again for the heads up . Took the long route but had a great trip . Landed some trout and had a blast . Next time need to get up here with enough time to hit Sherman Pass Trail ..

How was your trip ?

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

rubiDave

Thanks again for the heads up . Took the long route but had a great trip . Landed some trout and had a blast . Next time need to get up here with enough time to hit Sherman Pass Trail ..

How was your trip ?

View attachment 311158

View attachment 311159

View attachment 311160

How long was the drive? I'm leaving Thursday 0dark:30. Fishing Friday. Sat opening day for deer.

Where did you fish, what did you use? Did you happen to hike up past the dam into the golden trout wilderness?

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
How long was the drive? I'm leaving Thursday 0dark:30. Fishing Friday. Sat opening day for deer.

Where did you fish, what did you use? Did you happen to hike up past the dam into the golden trout wilderness?

Drive from Kernville to Black rock took a good hour and 30 mins and we were going pretty fast. From there another hour and 15 to the river side camps in Monache .

Unfortunately we only had 1 day so didn’t hike up past the dam . Fished river side and used salmon eggs . Caught 5 rainbow over course of a few hours but most were pretty small ..

Def gonna make another trip back and spend more time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rubiDave

Drive from Kernville to Black rock took a good hour and 30 mins and we were going pretty fast. From there another hour and 15 to the river side camps in Monache .

Unfortunately we only had 1 day so didn’t hike up past the dam . Fished river side and used salmon eggs . Caught 5 rainbow over course of a few hours but most were pretty small ..

Def gonna make another trip back and spend more time

Thanks, I've never gone in from that side, sounds like a long drive. I'm going to be there 5 or 6 days, but probably just 1 day fishing. Hoping it's not as cold this year.. Last year -5F overnight & a couple days not much above 50F daytime.

Did you stop at the brewery in Kernville?

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Thanks, I've never gone in from that side, sounds like a long drive. I'm going to be there 5 or 6 days, but probably just 1 day fishing. Hoping it's not as cold this year.. Last year -5F overnight & a couple days not much above 50F daytime.

Did you stop at the brewery in Kernville?

We did ! Brewery was awesome . Top notch wings and tacos .

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Its definitely fun in a stocker.... but I’m kinda tired of hitting everything in my path... I noticed a vibration yesterday and its my Skid touching the exhaust because it got caved in. So I gotta pull it off, heat it up and pound it out. My stabilizer shock is smashed on the bottom... (not even sure if its functional now) and I think my drag link might be bent a little. Not saying this stuff wont happen when I’m lifted w/ 35’s..... but it should lessen the damage a little. [emoji51]

I have the same problem on 37s :)

Top Bottom