So do I piss the wife off or just keep quiet?

Oreo_penguin536

Honestly I’d give it a shot

First thing I told my wife right after we got married. “Don’t touch my tools, and don’t buy my parts” then again she doesn’t understand half the stuff that’s said relating to anything off road.... now my “honey-do” list extends to her Samurai, and bug..... and... the ford....... #facepalm[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingmk

Ugh. Wife ordered me a Christmas present the other day and on one hand I truly appreciate the gesture

STOP RIGHT THERE! I have been married a long time. Suck it up and enjoy. If it is that bad, give it a few months and stab it with a screw driver in a secret place....Go get new.

JAGS

Hooked
Clearly none of your wives are active on this forum with all the venting going on. Lol.

Days, since it’s in route, give it a look. If it’s not right or seems off, ask for an exchange from your wife. I’m sure she just wanted to get you something you mentioned wanting.

DMF

Just tell her you prefer a different one. and because she loves you she will understand. Would you feel the same if it was a store bought item you purchase for her and she decides to exchange it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
I would tell her the truth, my wife would understand and be fine with exchanging it. Otherwise she would get upset in the future if she found out I did prefer a different brand or item.

Ddays

Hooked
Costway 54qt is only $380... with 4.5 stars on Amazon.. I’d kinda like to see your review of it now. [emoji41]

The ratings are what caught her eye. She said the Dometic 50qt I was looking at has way more negative reviews than this Costway one. The cost is a bonus. Bought the Dometic slide & insulating bag and it came out cheaper than the 50qt Dometic alone. :idontknow:

I'll post up pics once I get it & am able to use it some.

BaddestCross

I was actually looking at these. If they had one that met my particular dimension requirements, I would've bought one. It's one of the rebranded Chinese units... Several companies slap their name on it. It MAY even be the same as the Smittybilt unit for less than half the price.

I'd keep it, run it, enjoy it until it blows up. You could buy 3 of them for the cost of other brands.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Ddays

Hooked
I was actually looking at these. If they had one that met my particular dimension requirements, I would've bought one. It's one of the rebranded Chinese units... Several companies slap their name on it. It MAY even be the same as the Smittybilt unit for less than half the price.

I'd keep it, run it, enjoy it until it blows up. You could buy 3 of them for the cost of other brands.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Regardless of brand, all of these are made in China, even the ARB one, and I thinkit may be made by Dometic. I think you're right, the Costway may be the same as the Smittybilt. But like you said, its a third of the price.

Top Bottom