Mounting Beadlocks?? Need some help

WiscoHR

From what I've seen, its the Coopers. The E sidewalls are a mother. I watched Mel's video where he basically throws the wheel into the tire and Viola!
Uh-huh, yeah no. Ain't happening with the Coops. I think I pm'd Eddie 10 times trying to figure out what in the hell I was doing wrong. They are just a bitch. There's a sweet spot angle that once you find it they'll pop on, but not without a fight.

It’s definitely all about the angle. Got to get one lip just inside the bead but still have the wheel as flat as possible. Otherwise it’s a fight you’ll never win.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
I'm curious if anyone on here has mounted them on any other bead lock and if they've had difficulty.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I got them on the KMC XD231 wheels like Eddies no problem, wheel on a piece of cardboard, little lube (I used conduit lube for pulling wire), get it started in the drop center, then just jumped onto the tire with my hands and knees... I am a big guy maybe a little extra weight helps.

Attachments

• IMG_2469.jpg
    IMG_2469.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 91
I got them on the KMC XD231 wheels like Eddies no problem, wheel on a piece of cardboard, little lube (I used conduit lube for pulling wire), get it started in the drop center, then just jumped onto the tire with my hands and knees... I am a big guy maybe a little extra weight helps.

They look great on your Jeep, polished and white is a nice looking combo. I hope you have some video of your install technique. ;-)

CalSgt

Hooked
They look great on your Jeep, polished and white is a nice looking combo. I hope you have some video of your install technique. ;-)

I got the technique from watching youtube (below at about 2:00)... It seemed easier than the way Eddie shows in his video because I am a klutz, I'd likely twist an ankle trying to balance standing in the wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQcJCLv25jU

I've mounted thousands of tires but had a machine to do most of them, & most of the ones done by hand were equipment or semi tires where there was no worry of scratching wheels with tire spoons. Because no shop I ever worked at would have allowed us to mount them I had only done one other set of beadlocks, some 30x9.5 r15 BFG KR2's on Walker Evans for my RZR...

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
From what I've seen, its the Coopers. The E sidewalls are a mother. I watched Mel's video where he basically throws the wheel into the tire and Viola!
Uh-huh, yeah no. Ain't happening with the Coops. I think I pm'd Eddie 10 times trying to figure out what in the hell I was doing wrong. They are just a bitch. There's a sweet spot angle that once you find it they'll pop on, but not without a fight.

That really only works with a used tire.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've always had a much easier time installing Nittos. Coopers were a bitch for sure. However, as mentioned, unless you've got some BBG power, throwing a wheel into a new tire is very difficult. Certainly, I could never do it.

Top Bottom