The build of my flag ship Black Pearl

black pearl

Hooked
So today driving home with the radio off (rare occasion). I noticed a light rotational clunky sound. Got under the jeep and found the TC side of my front driveline has just a little up and down movement. It seems to be the flange and not the driveline it’s self.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
Awesome! Let the drilling begin. I’ve debated getting those. Not sure though with the winter salt shit around here.

They do have aluminum ones [emoji12]. It’s been on my todo list for a while now. I figure I should get to it ,so I don’t put more dents in the bottom of the tub[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

98XJ06LJ

Awesome! Let the drilling begin. I’ve debated getting those. Not sure though with the winter salt shit around here.
Just a thought, does anyone use seam sealer when they install armor? I've been worried about moisture getting trapped between the armor and the body causing rust long term. Anyone experience that? Or use seam sealer to prevent moisture and salt getting in there?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just a thought, does anyone use seam sealer when they install armor? I've been worried about moisture getting trapped between the armor and the body causing rust long term. Anyone experience that? Or use seam sealer to prevent moisture and salt getting in there?

You use RTV behind them. Not sure what type of seam sealer you are referring to.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
You use RTV behind them. Not sure what type of seam sealer you are referring to.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Guessing he means seam sealer like what's used assembling the Jeep between body panels.

Ya like, Overlander said don't use that, use rtv. I ran a thin bead on the back of armor along the top and many vertical stripes. Left bottom open. I then let it fully cure before putting on Jeep so it's more of a gasket. Ive had them off a few times over the 4 years they've been on and no rust and barely any dirt etc.

Key is to leave bottom open so water can drain out. You will get moisture back there so let it out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

98XJ06LJ

Guessing he means seam sealer like what's used assembling the Jeep between body panels.

Ya like, Overlander said don't use that, use rtv. I ran a thin bead on the back of armor along the top and many vertical stripes. Left bottom open. I then let it fully cure before putting on Jeep so it's more of a gasket. Ive had them off a few times over the 4 years they've been on and no rust and barely any dirt etc.

Key is to leave bottom open so water can drain out. You will get moisture back there so let it out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Exactly what I meant. Didn't think about using silicone. Easy to get and works the same way. Good to know you've had yours off and no signs of rust.

Top Bottom