What problems does your Jeep have this week?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Can you just pop a new plug or coil in and fix it in time? Or are you thinking it's the head?

I’m really not sure if it’s the head. It seems to be running fine and I don’t want them to deny warranty repair because I replaced parts on my own. Seriously debating on just running it this weekend and see what happens. Kids would be super bummed if we couldn’t go.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
What makes me think is could be the head is that the light came on right after a long and fairly steep highway climb.... but I really have no idea.

Is there an AutoZone on the island? They may be able to just clear the code (or you can if you have the ability) and see if it comes back. Run some 91 octane and hope for the best.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Is there an AutoZone on the island? They may be able to just clear the code (or you can if you have the ability) and see if it comes back. Run some 91 octane and hope for the best.

No AutoZone near me. My Bosch code reader couldn’t clear the “permanent” code. It cleared the history and current, but the permanent is still there. I’ll try the higher octane. It’s going to the dealer on Monday. Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
No AutoZone near me. My Bosch code reader couldn’t clear the “permanent” code. It cleared the history and current, but the permanent is still there. I’ll try the higher octane. It’s going to the dealer on Monday. Thanks!

I have a Bosch scanner also that sucks at clearing permanent codes. Try disconnecting the Jeep's battery for 10 seconds instead. I've had better luck doing that for some reason on two separate occasions..

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I have a Bosch scanner also that sucks at clearing permanent codes. Try disconnecting the Jeep's battery for 10 seconds instead. I've had better luck doing that for some reason on two separate occasions..

Well, fired it up to go get gas and pick the kids up from school, light disappeared. All I did was wiggle random wires all around the engine bay. Stoked the light is gone but I need to keep an eye on it since I have no idea what it was or where the problem would be now. Drove about 15 miles or so and still no CEL. Hopefully it stays that way.

black pearl

Hooked
Well, fired it up to go get gas and pick the kids up from school, light disappeared. All I did was wiggle random wires all around the engine bay. Stoked the light is gone but I need to keep an eye on it since I have no idea what it was or where the problem would be now. Drove about 15 miles or so and still no CEL. Hopefully it stays that way.

I had this happen once with mine, also at a very low mileage. Hasn’t come on since, probably year and a half.
The only thing I did differently that day was as soon as the engine started (cold) I took off and light came on. I don’t know if that was the actual cause but I was the only thing out of ordinary.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Of course my light came on again today on my way down the mountain and loaded with camping gear.... hope it’ll make it back over again tomorrow without blowing a rod.

Top Bottom