What was done to your rig this week?

rubiDave

jesse3638

Hooked
Those don't look too bad at all.
Did you use 0.035 flux core wire? I've got to start practicing my welding since I've got the same project to do.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah. 035 flux core on a Lincoln Well Ask 100. First time I really used flux core. I'm more used to solid wire and gas. However I don't think .030 would have given the heat or penetration using a 110 machine. Strength over beauty..haha

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Yeah. 035 flux core on a Lincoln Well Ask 100. First time I really used flux core. I'm more used to solid wire and gas. However I don't think .030 would have given the heat or penetration using a 110 machine. Strength over beauty..haha

I used .030 on mine.... probably why my ball joints are still alive. :crazyeyes:

jesse3638

Hooked
For sure.... I may have to try .035 to see if I can get better penetration.... Did you finish everything?
Nope. I messed up the track bar Bolt pulling it and the small 5/16 Bolt which holds the sway bar relocation bracket on the drivers side. Had to go get new ones this morning. Now back to work so it should be finished by the end of the week...haha.

rubiDave

At least youve got a good machine. I have a 220v Harbor freight welder. I've only ever run 030 wire on it. But the HF wire is pretty inconsistent. I bought some good 035 wire and need to test it out.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom