3.6L Oil Filter/Cooler Adaptor Housing Replacement

merrell056

I just followed these instructions to replace my cooler and it went very smoothly. THANK YOU SO MUCH OP!

Now to just figure out why my chime is going off nonstop and I have no heater. I know I used OAT coolant.

Mdslngr

replacing mine today after work

didn't see I could've ordered the newer version ( I have a 2013 JKU) but oh well it was $175 on Amazon

ItalianStyle

Just changed one on a Dodge Grand Caravan today. Pretty simple but pay attention to the torque specs in this write up. Everything is plastic and can warp pretty easily.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Afava76

Coolant

Is in really necessary to drain the radiator? Seems to me like coolant would only leak from the cooler assembly as it’s higher than the radiator and hoses. Thoughts?

Evan_Ayton

Yea drain the rad from the petcock or lower hose so it doesnt flow out the holes into the oil hole into the block

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Alan McDermott

I just did mine yesterday. Wasn’t all that hard. Just took about 3-4 hours.

How in the world are you guys doing this in 3-6 hours? Its taking me longer than that to get these stupid wiring harness connectors loose! Everyone is different and in an impossible location to get leverage on. Already broke on tab! @#%#$%$%#$^$%^

Is there some freaking magical chart showing me all the #$^$^$ different mopar connectors and the trick to get the locking tab to release?

Alan McDermott

Push in first. Then wiggle back with clip released. You learn after you break a few.

Thanks!

That did help. I only have the 2 wiring plugs on the passenger side under the bracket and large harness left. I just can't get my hand under there to pull the plugs. I noticed on another video where he removed the fuel rails. Did you or anyone else have to do that?

Alan

rmilobrown

The fuel rails stay attached to the lower intake and come out as a unit. Refer to the write up and pics at the beginning of this thread often. Take your time, don't take shortcuts, just follow the write up and you'll do great!

How in the world are you guys doing this in 3-6 hours? Its taking me longer than that to get these stupid wiring harness connectors loose! Everyone is different and in an impossible location to get leverage on. Already broke on tab! @#%#$%$%#$^$%^

Is there some freaking magical chart showing me all the #$^$^$ different mopar connectors and the trick to get the locking tab to release?

Yes, the electrical connectors are the biggest pain of the job. I found it very odd that my driver side and passenger side injector connectors were different clips/connectors. I should of took a picture, it was very strange.

Some people on youtube were taking the fuel rail off the air intake. Per the Mopar manual you just disconnect the electrical connections and leave the rail on the intake.

mxatvsrock

excellent post!

thanks for your post! not sure i wanted to tackle the job until i found it! good details and photos!

alpineovernappa

This is the most helpful DIY I've seen in a long time- thanks so much! I'm unfortunately looking to tackle this on my 13 JKUR with 52k next week. Has anybody considered an oil pressure switch relocation instead of reinstalling it under the manifold? Say a 6" section of line to the firewall? Its pretty common in the miata world, but haven't heard any mention with the 3.6. Miatacage even sells a kit for $45. Am I a fool to do the relocation? Happy Jeepin!

Mark.S

later year oil filter housing

Really thorough writeup. Thank you. I have a 2013 JK. The sensor is bad and the relief valve is broken. It is possible/recommended to use a 2014 filter housing in a 2013? I've read the 2014 is an improved design. The filters are different which will cause confusion for eternity, but that is a hassle I'll live with if the part is better.

NightFox915

I had to replace mine the seals underneath was completely gone leaking oil bad I couldn’t find it until I I threw a flashlight to the oil reservoir housing and saw a puddle of oil sitting there SOB lol I had to buy the Intake Gaskets the new reservoir housing new mopar filter new oil not to mentioned it messed up two valve rockers (driver side) this took me 3 days to finish but worth it agency wanted 5k 2 month wait hell no lol

Top Bottom