Cozdude's build of Knuckles

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So another upgrade that I got for knuckles last night was a 430n head unit out of peacemaker1 14 Wrangler. Fair price for both parties and he shipped it on his dime for me and fast. Going over to work to install it this morning
IMG_0016.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
And here it is!!!! Knuckles is officially paid off! Only took 7 years (lease to buy) but he is mine! This really is the best mod yet!

Congratulations! Now those XJ owners can’t hold the “does the bank know what you are doing to their Jeep” line over your head. :cheesy:

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So since I got the 430n off of peacemaker I have been really wanting to get the nav up and running since I misplaced my garmin for longer drives.

So I gave one of my local jeep dealers a call and ordered a gps antenna for the unit. After waiting a few days for it I went to install it and realized that there is no stand alone gps plug in the back of the unit (should be a blue connection. Only have white for radio and yellow for sirus)
IMG_0054.jpg
After speaking to the parts department again yesterday, I found out that the gps uses the sirus satellite radio antenna. Ordered up the new antenna and it now works!
57185981424__50B07179-BBA8-4864-A45A-85960047086D.jpg
If your jeep is as basic as mine is and didn’t come with satellite radio and you upgrade to a 430n rhb unit then this is the part number you will need
IMG_0057.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ive thought about doing this for a long time just not super impressed with the factory unit. Not sure it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I like having the garmin gps unit over the 730 model which has the mopar gps. I feel the garmin is easier to use and works much better. I think the 430n rhb unit is the way to go if you decide to go with factory.

Ddays

Hooked
I like having the garmin gps unit over the 730 model which has the mopar gps. I feel the garmin is easier to use and works much better. I think the 430n rhb unit is the way to go if you decide to go with factory.

Looks good! :thumb:

Top Bottom