Gruff JK is gonna be pissed

Ddays

Hooked
Looks great. No lift and 35s look clean on a JL.

Thanks! Rubicons should come from the factory on 35's :thumb:

35’s and no lift are one of the most appealing things about the JL to me. Looks great! [emoji1303]

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Thanks man! I may eventually put a 2" on it depending on how much rubbing I get offroad, but for a mildly wheeled Jeep you could easily do without it.

Looking good!!

Thanks!

Ddays

Hooked
Gorgeous Jeep! You guys have to be so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! I have to say its awesome having this as a DD. Jeep did a great job on these. It's almost too nice in a way but that won't stop us from getting it out and playing in the nasty stuff.

You’re making it so tempting to get rid of the JK for a JL! Sweet looking rig, I love it. Wheels and tires look great! Well done sir, well done.

Thanks! I understand why Eddie was able to part with Rubicat now. This platform has a ton of potential. 35" tires and no lift is pretty cool. Granted, I'm probably gonna get some rubbing
here and there, but we'll see how it does.

Ddays

Hooked
Pointing due north Dawg! Loving that combo!!!! Once winch on ready for Coloraaaaaado!

Thanks Pete! Coloraaaaaado's always callin!

Which winch did you go with? Zeon I assume for the sexy curves?

Haha, that and the fun winch line install. This one came with a pull wire and the SOB took like 20 seconds to install on the drum. First one I did had me totally frustrated.

He did.

JL is looking awesome Jerry. Those wheels look even better than I thought they would.

Thanks Bubba! I'm really pleased with both. May get a hold of you later on for a Dynatrac lift. Not sure how bad I'll need one for this JL.
LOL, probably all it will take is one wheeling trip and then Monday "Hello Bubba, about that lift...."

On another note, these wheels & tires balanced really well. A couple of them only required 4oz of weights.

WJCO

Meme King

Ddays

Hooked
Got the winch in last night. It's a bitch fitting these Zeons in between the frame rails with a winch plate. The instructions say to bend the bumper mounting flanges slightly with a pair of vice grips. :thinking: Yeah, I don't think so. I started off cutting about a quarter inch off of each side with a cutoff wheel before saying fuck it and ended up cutting a quarter of each side of the bumper mounts off. I'm certainly no mechanic, but I don't see how you can get it in there otherwise.

Winch 2.jpg

WInch 3.jpg

cut flange.jpg

Once I cut the shit out of the flange I was able to move the winch enough that I could get to all of the bolts. Don't think missing one bolt on each side of the bumper will matter any.
Man, that is one tight fit. No winch cover for me.

Winch 7.jpg

Winch 6.jpg

Looks good in there. Not sure I'm gonna keep the lights there on the bar. Probably gonna move them to the A pillar once the mounts get here.

Winch 9.jpg

Andy5160

Hooked
Nice winch[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] definitely move the lights either to A pillars or Maximus makes s the bracket for those three bolts on the front bumper but damn thing is over $300 but I am sure there are less expensive options out there

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom