Gruff JK is gonna be pissed

Ddays

Hooked
I think it’s the bar not the lights. I personally don’t like the look of the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ya, it's starting to un-grow on me too...

Yeah, they do kinda look like mouse ears. Do you even them with the LED lights?

I have these on my other Jeep and no, they're way too bright to use on normal roads, but they're nice to light up the sides of the road when I'm traveling home later at night from out of town. Especially in Winter on the back roads I tend to travel . There are a ton of deer here.

Space them further apart or get a shallower bar. It may look better.

View attachment 321295

Dammit - THAT"S the bar I was looking for. That's a Mopar bar, isn't it? Not sure that it'd clear the winch though. I'm just gonna bag the whole damn thing and put the lights on the A pillar once the mounts come in. They're up and out of the way of rocks & such there anyways.

edit: Duhr, thats a ZEON in the bumper :rolleyes2:

Nice winch[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] definitely move the lights either to A pillars or Maximus makes s the bracket for those three bolts on the front bumper but damn thing is over $300 but I am sure there are less expensive options out there
Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, moving the lights to the A pillars solves both problems.

Hey, when you get your winch plate get the Warn version unless you're going aftermarket bumper with the built in mount. It has to be easier than the Maximus one, although it's still gonna be a bitch to install inside the frame rails.

Ddays

Hooked
Why not get a light mount for the front bumper? Would be easy to fab up. Piece of angle iron.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Honestly, mounting the lights on that bar was an afterthought. I ordered the Rigid A pillar mounts before Christmas and they still aren't here and saw these mounts on Amazon & thought eh, what the hell. Now it's like, meh, I don't like them there. And I bought that bar as strictly a looks thing. The way it mounts on the bumper doesn't really offer much support, if any. IDK. Might ditch the whole bar thing. The bumper looks good enough without it.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Honestly, mounting the lights on that bar was an afterthought. I ordered the Rigid A pillar mounts before Christmas and they still aren't here and saw these mounts on Amazon & thought eh, what the hell. Now it's like, meh, I don't like them there. And I bought that bar as strictly a looks thing. The way it mounts on the bumper doesn't really offer much support, if any. IDK. Might ditch the whole bar thing. The bumper looks good enough without it.

It will look real clean without the hoop. Def not gonna be able to keep the salt off of it though.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The whole thing is looking great. The wheels with the white is a classic Jeep Golden Eagle look that I happen to love.

Ddays

Hooked
It will look real clean without the hoop. Def not gonna be able to keep the salt off of it though.

Ya, Hoops prolly gonna bite the dust. I figure pulling the line a couple times a Winter to wash it off will help extend the life of it. Damn salt :mad:

The whole thing is looking great. The wheels with the white is a classic Jeep Golden Eagle look that I happen to love.

Thanks! Funny, I didn't make that connection til you said that. I like it!!

jdofmemi

suggested products ad show mickey mouse ears :cheesy:

the collective is aware of everything :icon_crazy:

Kind of scary how that happens.

Most smartphones not only report on what you type, but listen with the microphone as well, unless you change the settings.

A while back we got our boy a cat.
I never typed anything regarding cats in my phone, but we talked about it at home. The next day I started getting ads for cat food and kitty litter.

Ddays

Hooked
Soooo, after one wheeling trip in the snow I managed to smash the shit out of my exhaust and tranny skid already. Mile 1015 on Badger was spend running through the rocks at Rausch Creek last week and being that there was pretty good snow cover on all of the Southern facing trails it made for some slippery going. Even with careful tire placement you still manage to slip & slide around. A couple well placed shots to the exhaust convinced me to get a hold of Bubba @ Exodus & order up a set of EVO skids.

exhaust.jpg

Skids.jpg

So of course the temps are going down into the singe digits this week so this will likely be next week install.

Top Bottom