What was done to your rig this week?

rubiDave

Just wanted to post a follow up to the symergy ball joint replacement. After nearly 600 miles on them the Jeep's steering feels about normal again. When new they were really sticky and I felt like I was chasing it all over as they didn't self center very well. I also feel my old ones had been worn out for about 10k miles but didn't realize it. I can hit bumps and potholes at speed and my steering wheel stays solid whereas before it would shimmy, vibrate, and have significant road feed back. Now to deal with the airbag light...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
That's good news.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lojo

I have it installed with only limited use. I'll note I replaced my firestick with a President "Iowa" RW antenna, which paired up nice. It was apparent it was pre-tuned out of the box as the SWR was spot on for the CB band. Noticeably more range and clarity. The automatic squelch feature actually works quite well too. And for the size this radio, it is packed full of features.

I currently have the unit sandwiched between the passenger seat and console. Probably not the best spot if you xmit at a high duty cycle due to heat, but it's working for me. With it's small size, you have many options for mounting.

I'm happy so far and have already recommended it to my BIL. I know there are many options out there and modding 10m radios to 11m is popular with increased wattage is popular too. This is a FCC approved radio so don't expect miracles in range as it still is a 5watt radio. I believe in a cb radio the antenna is key. On last note, I did get right at 5watts of FWD power on my PWR/SWR meter when I was checking tune on the antenna.

Awesome!! Thanks for info!!! I’m going to look into the combo closer now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ruvicon

Just wanted to post a follow up to the symergy ball joint replacement. After nearly 600 miles on them the Jeep's steering feels about normal again. When new they were really sticky and I felt like I was chasing it all over as they didn't self center very well. I also feel my old ones had been worn out for about 10k miles but didn't realize it. I can hit bumps and potholes at speed and my steering wheel stays solid whereas before it would shimmy, vibrate, and have significant road feed back. Now to deal with the airbag light...haha.

I just installed new Synergy balljoints about 250 miles ago and it still has the “wandering” feeling that I didn’t have before. It’s been bugging me as I was told it was just “tight” balljoints, but I couldn’t rationalize the mechanics behind that (sorry Fiend). Based on what you’re saying, guess I just need some more miles to break them in. Let’s see...

Diaxio

installed a 2.5 budget lift and Method MR701 Wheels and 37" tires

Attachments

• 20190228_163506.jpg
    20190228_163506.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 154

jesse3638

Hooked
I just installed new Synergy balljoints about 250 miles ago and it still has the “wandering” feeling that I didn’t have before. It’s been bugging me as I was told it was just “tight” balljoints, but I couldn’t rationalize the mechanics behind that (sorry Fiend). Based on what you’re saying, guess I just need some more miles to break them in. Let’s see...

Yeah I was surprised how tight they were. It was tough turning the knuckles by hand after they were torqued. It finally feels about normal. It was driving me crazy and kind scary in some instances (freeway with just a k-rail shoulder and a semi on the other side). Felt super twitchy and like it had a mind of its own.

Sullivan

IMG_9977.jpg IMG_9975.jpg
JK8 brake booster and MC upgrade. Got most of it in and done in a few hours. Just need to reinstall rear axle so I can bleed brakes and test it.
Still in the middle of installing 3 link rear with outboarded coilovers.

USMC Wrangler

Yeah I was surprised how tight they were. It was tough turning the knuckles by hand after they were torqued. It finally feels about normal. It was driving me crazy and kind scary in some instances (freeway with just a k-rail shoulder and a semi on the other side). Felt super twitchy and like it had a mind of its own.

I installed ProSteers a few weeks ago and have experienced the same stiffness at first. I’d say somewhere between 300-500 miles they loosened up.

Top Bottom